S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the lower i go the more she likes it
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i just bought em and they look easy to install, but i don't want to **** anything up, are they as easy as they look? I really dont want to just jump into it, but anyone have tips for me or easier instructions, i would greatly apprecite it.

Thanks, Kurt

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, i guess no one knows how to install the guages, but if someone could anwser this how could i find the power source that runs to my dash dimmer switch. (i mean which wire would it be when i take of my dash?)

Thanks, kurt

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
Pull out your dimmer switch, the power source is the red wire....might not be red in all applications, but the one other than the black one should do.

peace.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
What do you mean 20 wires? My install detailed red wire to power source, ground wire to ground, and gauges to the transformer thing that comes with it.

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, there are to wires that are attached to the speed glo itself, but i ground the black wire and then when do i put the red power supply wire? It says in the instructions to use the power source for your dash dimmer switch, (so the plug i was talking about is the wires behind the dash connected to the dimmer switches) so really my question is where do i put the red power wire? Do i pull out the red wire from behind from the dimmer swtich and power the speed glo power wire in its place?

PLEASE HELP, Kurt

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Okay... I did some indiglo needles for a friend a while ago, and if this is anything like those, if you want to have the gauges to dim w/ the dash lights, hook them up to a light that dims w/ the dimmer (like a backlight for the gauges). What I did was strip the wire and stick it under the positive side on the light, then push the light back in (light holds the wire in place). Since the backlights dim w/ the dimmer switch, so will your gauges. Then of course connect the ground wire to ground.

DogP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts