S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. It seems the back instrument lighting is not working. All of the little ones work, turn signals, ses light etc. I just cant see my speed/fuel when its dark out. Does anyone know what wire or circuit to check? the inst lps fuse was fine.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
umm did you check the knob that adjusts the brightness? not trying to insult you, but its happened before

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, you could say that - I'm restoring my blazer frame up - almost done. I cleaned it and regreased it. The dome lights come on when you turn it all the way, just not the dimmer on the instrumeent lamps.

·
538 Posts
id still check the rheostat (dimmer thingy) mine is apoparently broken too, the lights are on about halfway, and when you turn it all the way the domes come on. another way to check would be to bypass the rheostat and see if the lights come on

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
here's instrument lites trouble shoot 101:

check the fuse. if bad, replace fuse. if not,

check voltage after rheostat. if 0volts, bad rheostat / rheostat connections. if 12volts,

check voltage at dash connector. if 0 volts, bad wiring from rheostat to dash. if 12 volts, bad bulbs or bad internal dash wiring.

if you want, i got some shematic diagrams, just tell me what year truck you got.

·
538 Posts
me or joe?:bah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts