S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2000 std cab with the factory speakers in the dash and doors. Does anybody know what speakers will fit without any modification to either location? Just looking to replace them with no hassle. Thanks

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
I installed BOSTON ACOUSTICS plates in the dash NO problems and I had 5 1/4's in the doors but added some B.A. 6 1/2's with NO problems. :cool:

3-Billet Bowtie
4-255/45/18 Pirelli Zero's on HALO rims
5-Boston Acoustics speakers in doors/dash
6-Pioneer 6x9's in the back seat area
7-K&N GEN II
8-FlowMaster 40series with 2 1/4 pipe Magnaflow SS tip
9-2/3 DROP with Belltech Spindles and Blocks
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
12-JL amp and one 10” JL subwoofer
13-SS mirrors WHITE, matching handles
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
Are you shere that they are 5 1/4. I thought that for shere that they where 6 1/2. if that is try then i am going to have hell putting in my PG comp speaks 6 1/2, then they are close to 7inch but they are 350 RMS and 500 peak. how much cutting did you have to do to put the 6 1/2 in your doors
~~EcKo~~

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
ecko said:
Are you shere that they are 5 1/4. I thought that for shere that they where 6 1/2. if that is try then i am going to have hell putting in my PG comp speaks 6 1/2, then they are close to 7inch but they are 350 RMS and 500 peak. how much cutting did you have to do to put the 6 1/2 in your doors
~~EcKo~~
The 6 1/2 comps. maybe to big, the mounting depth maybe the problem for you. My 6 1/2 B.A. are only rated at 150watts and they mounted fine in the stock BLUE pod that is in the door. To get pro comp's in the doors the pod's may need to be removed to keep the stock speaker door panel grill. Also a NEW pod will need to installed to give the PRO COMP's something to mount too. :thumbup:

3-Billet Bowtie
7-K&N GEN II
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
I just put two sets of the PG titamiums in a hounda, and they are not that deep. so thte depth is not really one my mind as of right now. but the only thing that is on my mind is how much of my door do i have to cut off to get them to fit. But still i have a nother problem, after i but PG comp speakers in the doors i still have to think about the fronts. the only thing that i can find that will put up with that much watts or even close to 500 is 150peak watts but still they will sound like sh!it i think next to the co,mp 6 1/2. if any one has or know or a 4 or 4x6 comp speaker out there PLEASE hit me up you know where to find me
~~EcKo~~

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
ecko said:
I just put two sets of the PG titamiums in a hounda, and they are not that deep. so thte depth is not really one my mind as of right now. but the only thing that is on my mind is how much of my door do i have to cut off to get them to fit. But still i have a nother problem, after i but PG comp speakers in the doors i still have to think about the fronts. the only thing that i can find that will put up with that much watts or even close to 500 is 150peak watts but still they will sound like sh!it i think next to the co,mp 6 1/2. if any one has or know or a 4 or 4x6 comp speaker out there PLEASE hit me up you know where to find me
~~EcKo~~
A 500watt PRO-COMP 4x6 plate will be hard to find. Also the dash on the drivers side has the AC duct under the speaker, with not much room for a PRO-COMP. I'v heard high out tweeters/mids in a car that was so loud the fader was almost off of them. I think high out put's in the dash is too much, the glass with 100 or 150watts will make them sound louder and more bright. One guy I seen in a CAR had 8 tweeters 4 on each side under the stock grill that will take 75 watts each. He had to fade out most of the POWER it was so bright he also said he was going to change the setup. :headbang:

3-Billet Bowtie
7-K&N GEN II
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
Registered
208 Posts
Guys, the ratings on the speakers really don't mean much. Just because you have a speaker rated at 500watts, doesn't mean it's louder than a speaker that's rated at 150watts. You'd be hard pressed to afford putting a good 100watts to a pair of 6.5's. Say you got 150watts going to the "500w" speaker.....that "500w" is irrelevant, you're putting 150 to it, just because it can supposedly handle 500 watts doesn't mean anything...your speaker don't "put out" their rated power. And hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I would put money that no component speaker can handle 500watts. The components of the crossover would melt.

·
CURL UP AND DIE
357 Posts
i recently put Bostons all the way around...the only problem was the pod in the doors....i had to screw directly into the plastic but big deal worked fine and the 4 x 6 in the dash scream coming off of the glass.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
look in my sig they sound good and they just bolted in no prob.

polk audio EX346 front speakers, polk audio EX365 door speakers

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
iasca_s10 said:
Guys, the ratings on the speakers really don't mean much. Just because you have a speaker rated at 500watts, doesn't mean it's louder than a speaker that's rated at 150watts. You'd be hard pressed to afford putting a good 100watts to a pair of 6.5's. Say you got 150watts going to the "500w" speaker.....that "500w" is irrelevant, you're putting 150 to it, just because it can supposedly handle 500 watts doesn't mean anything...your speaker don't "put out" their rated power. And hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I would put money that no component speaker can handle 500watts. The components of the crossover would melt.
Hey, (growth) listen to what we are saying it will save you time and MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

3-Billet Bowtie
7-K&N GEN II
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
i know that the watts do not mean that much but i want to put the best speakers in my truck and not have to worry about them. pluse i get every thing hell of cheep. so i just want the best not minding the cost. after i have all my speakers in i am going to huck the biggest amp to them that the speakers can take. so i am trying to find somthing that can put up with what ever i put to them. but iasca_s10 does have a point, it doen not matter how much power you can put to the speakers but how clean they sound not what you can put to them. i do not know i am still looking around to what i can do but i am still looking out what is out there.
~~EcKo~~

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went looking for some and one place said that a 7" will fit in the door. Anybody try that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts