S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new cd player for Christmas, (i know it's early), but not when I turn the stereo on...there is a loud pop coming from the speakers that are hooked up to my amp. It didn't do this before, but I have had this problem before but I can't for the life of me remember what the problem ended up being. The only thing that I can think of, is that I wired the remote off the amp to the ignition wire off the radio. There is a remote wire on the player...but I didint' notice it until I had already wired it to the ignition. Is this my problem???....or is there something else wrong. It's an Alpine CDA9807...(I know it's not the best, but it's better that what I had, and it was FREE!) please help...cause I know it's not healthy for the speakers or amp to be getting that kinda surge...........:bawl2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...that helped...but I think i'm going to try and re wire it to the remote off the deck. Maybe there is something internal that delays the power to the amp a little. That way the deck gets power before the amp. Worth a try I guess.....either it will fix it...or it won't???????? Also, I think that I might of unpluged one ot the rca cables while putting it in the dash. The bass coming out of my speakers was nowhere like it was with the old deck. I have them plugged into the sub jacks on the back of the deck. My question is, if one rca jack was unplugged....would the speakers still work? I believe it's mono, but if thats the case, why have 2 jacks? Am I making any sense???

·
Registered
132 Posts
I once solved this porblem by wiring in a Ground Loop Isolator.

·
Registered
746 Posts
minitruck_freq said:
a ground loop isolator does not cure turn on/off pop. its caused by the head unit powering up before the amp gets power. a turn on/off pop eliminator is needed to delay the head unit powering up 1st

check out http://www.davidnavone.com/amp.html for pop eliminators.
Or he could just do what he said he's going to and wire the remote wire to the remote wire on the deck, which 99.99999999% of the time cures the on/off pop caused by the head unit powering up before the amplifier does, as there's usually delay built into the HU.....

Nowadays though, a lot of amps have a delay built in to help solve this very problem

·
SVT Cobra Moderator
16,020 Posts
x3ro said:
Or he could just do what he said he's going to and wire the remote wire to the remote wire on the deck, which 99.99999999% of the time cures the on/off pop caused by the head unit powering up before the amplifier does, as there's usually delay built into the HU.....

Nowadays though, a lot of amps have a delay built in to help solve this very problem
thats what i was thinking it was

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had this problem with an old aiwa cd player... it was wired right and everything... it was just the cd player, i could slap it with the cd player in mute, and the speakers would make noise. i got another deck and it works great now

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Changed the wires....and what do ya know......it no longer pops...

Helps when you follow the wiring diagram.......

(note to self: read the directions....not just the pictures)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts