S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my bags installed for about 5 months, everytime I hit my switches my speakers POP. I know this is a grounding issue, Could it be cause my valves are grounded to my bed??? Should I run my grounds to the frame???

I grounding to the truck bed a bad idea???

Thanks...

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Ah. Someone else has this problem. I know it is grounding also. I would say it would be due to the switches. My setup. But, It can't be. I have wirebushed it down to bare metal then bolted it down. Inside the cab. Not sure on the vavles. I have been busy and didn't have time to check. Mine don't pop that bad. Sometimes not at all. But I know its there. Just my front driver dump. just that button. Thanks guys. Need advice

·
low life
816 Posts
It could be because you have your valves grounded to your bed, but what do you have your switches grounded to inside of your cab?

Jim

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Power for my valves are run into my fuse box though a mini fuse tap...

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim you never heard the pop, come by... You can hear it first hand.

·
low life
816 Posts
No man I never heard the pop. Did you clean the paint off of where you mounted the grounds in the bed? I think he was asking where your power to your switches is located because the power wire can interfere with your radio, like if you run it to close to your RCAs or speaker wires.

Jim

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
and u can ground switch boxes..mine is...my valves run the 12v its just a matter of choice...

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I down to bare metal on the bed. I may just try to move the ground to the frame and see if it helps.. I wonder if it has to do with the radio, cause I get feedback from my cell phone charger Also.

·
low life
816 Posts
Oh maybe you should try a better ground on the radio then? And make sure that none of your power wires to the amp or switch box are running near your RCAs that would give it feed back Im pretty sure.

Jim

·
StraightEdge
503 Posts
you said your main power for the switches runs to the fusebox? maybe the fuse is running off power from the radio. i'd try to run a jumper wire from the battery...turn your truck on and hit the switches...see if the speakers pop.... you have to test everything. don't just assume it's a ground, cause then you're only lookin at half, for the problem.

and WhiteX... if you run any type of power next to amp RCA's it just helps create that god awful hum in the subs...i don't think it would create a loud enough pop to hear. because it's only a small electrical pulse.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
i ran a 8 guage power wire fused 12 inches from my battery through the frame and up into the bed...there it is connected to a distrobution block...at the block a 8 guage goes to a relay for my compressor....also at the block i have a 12 guage wire that goes to my switch box....

I also ran a 8 guage ground wire from the frame up into the bed into another distrobution block...my compressor and all 4 valves are connected to the block....i dont have any unwanted pops or interferance due to bad grounds...maybe that helped...

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
When relays get activated they work as an electromagnet, maybe you placed your valves somewhere near the firewall under the hood or something. Or like DB said, try a bigger gauge ground.
:dunno:

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
the trick of the trade is to find a good ground free or rust,paint or grime, and ground everything to a single location...this cuts down on noise introduced into the system....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts