S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two quick questions,I hope,I know nothing about stereos and was wandering what the minimum depth a sub box can be,(distance from the magnet to the back board)10" fosgates,I want the box as thin as possible,second,door speakers,is it better to make mini boxes in the doors or just mount them in the door,6.5" fosgate 2 way,what size would the door boxes be if I needed them,would they need to be ported or sealed?Thanks to anyone who replies.Jerm

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
i guess it dont really matter how far..but try not to make it touch..just to be safe...and um u gotta make sure that you build a box that has a suffiecent amount of ft^3 or your sub will sound like sh!t....u usally 10's require .5ft^3(for sealed eclosure).. so yea.. :D hope this helps, sorry i would put more into this post but i gotta run ;)

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i dont believe the door speakers have to be in a box (never seen any setup that way, at least), and youd need i think about 1/4" to 1/2" of space behind the magnet and the box for the subs.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
i've seen coaxials in boxes..i kinda actually wanna do that to mines ...put mine in an enclosure..i dunno im not really feelin the infinite baffle, i think that they'd sound better in an enclosure, well for the mid bass part....i could be wrong tho.. ;)
im sure you'll be fine with the door speakers in the..doors lol..as pretty much all of are setups are like that..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,,,,I was thinking that 2 or 3 inches was gonna be to close,as for the doors,I guess I'll just stick them in like the factory does,,,,,,,,,,,,appreciate the help,,,,thanks again,,,,,,,,Jerm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts