S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it real hard to change the plugs. I talked to someone a wile ago about it and he said one of the plugs was real hard to get to. When I looked at it the other day it looked like it was going to be real hard to get to all of them. Anyone got any tips? (I can the tools from Auto Zone) Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a '95 blazer, and it isn't TOO bad.
There is a rubber flap in the wheel wells, if you use a long extension and go through the wheel well you can hit the back 2 on the passenger side (front one is easy), and on the drivers side, you can get the back one through the wheel well. I un-hook my steering shaft (one bolt) so I can move the shaft to get to the middle plug. it sounds like a pita but it's not too bad.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Just make sure you make a mental note of where the steering shaft goes......

It can be a pain to put back on and get the steering wheel straight......

The other 5 are a piece of cake compared to the driver side middle one. :(

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
Just a note... the middle cylinder on the drivers side is the pain in the butt to get to (at least on my 96). I have had to disconnect the intermediate shaft to get at that plug. Its a 5 minute job -- pop the airbox out, remove the u-joint shield on the shaft, loosen the bolt, and pop the shaft off. Since my balljoint separater tool didn't work for anything else but as a big hammer... I used that to pop the shaft off of the steering gear since it was wedged on pretty good (e.g, no Never Sieze present..). Still pretty easy though. Tie it up and out of the way and the middle plug is at your mercy. Just no room whatsoever until that shaft is moved.. at least on my 96.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts