S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm using denso spark plugs...kind of on the expensive side but it works great. I don't have that annoying knocking sound in the morning when I don't warm up the truck long enough. I get a slight gas mileage improvement also. It's supposed to spark bigger and hotter. Replacing our plugs is a biyotch though. You will need a 10" extension for the #1 plug and also need to loosen the airbox to get to the plug.

Have fun.
Jay

·
Registered
43 Posts
sparks

Thats no lie about changing plug #1. I first put Splitfires on mine and could tell a little difference but then i put on Bosch +4 last week and can tell even more difference. It will also help if you put on 8mm wires.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Bosch platinum +4's.....noticed no difference.....have normal plug wires, but am considering doing 8 mm wires...any suggestions on wires??

Caleb

·
Registered
43 Posts
wires

go to www.truckperformance.com and they should have what your looking for their called Taylor and are 8mm cost $28.35 and advertise 3hp gain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Autolite Platnum... i could tell a little difference...and about changing them....get yourself a boot puller if you dont already have one :thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
4bangin99 said:
Autolite Platnum... i could tell a little difference...and about changing them....get yourself a boot puller if you dont already have one :thumbup:
what's a boot puller? I just use a vise small vise grip and grip the boot (not the wire) and pull out.

The yellow wire will probably add a little more horsepoer ~5:thumbup:

Jay

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
who sells denso plugs??? i hate that tapping i get when its not warmed up to its liking :bash:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Car Type: 1999 Chevrolet S10 PICKUP
Engine Size: 2.2 - L4
VIN Code: 4
Ir Plug #: IT16
Plug Gap: 0.05
Stock Number: 5325

You will need a set of IT16 DENSO Iridium Plugs.

Their website here:

Denso Spark Plug

It also has a section on where to buy. Luckily my neighbor got them for me for $25 for the set of 4. (expensive)

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
holy sh*&!!!!!!!!:jawdrop: i didnt know they was that much. too rich for my blood, i'll think i;ll stick with my bosch platnum 4's. they said the densos are 11.99 a piece plus shipping.

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
what's up with the densos? why are they so special?

·
Registered
217 Posts
be lucky the dnesos are that cheap they are normally around 40-60 for a set of 4 for the imports

dont believe all the hype u hear on plugs most people only notice a difference with new plugs beacuse they needed a tune up anyway and doing generally maintence will insure the most out of your engine anyway

hell im runnin 99 cent plugs in a heat range colder than what they call for gaped at 0.040 instaed of the 0.060 as recomended and noticed a huge gain in hp espically when running with the nos :evilg: running a hotter than normal plug may actually give u a bit more fuel milage because your getting a hotter burn in teh combustion chamber but watch how much u gap your plugs too much of a gap and u can blow out electrodes immediately when u turn the engine over :bash:

also dont expect any gains from spark plug wires at least not anykind of hp u will feel ....im using the taylor wires from truckperformance.com didnt feel a difference

·
Registered
201 Posts
truckracer666 said:
dont believe all the hype u hear on plugs most people only notice a difference with new plugs beacuse they needed a tune up anyway and doing generally maintence will insure the most out of your engine anyway
True Dat:idea:

Jay

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have bosch platinums and 9mm ractive wires and they work nicely!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I tried this weekend a set of Autolite plugs (cant remember the # but can get it) they are not normal plugs. They are used in the nascar circuit, real funky looking, I have a friend in nascar that gave them to me. They bolted in just fine and runs pretty good but if I could figure out how to gap them it woudl probably help.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Where do I get denso iridiums for a 94 s-10??? I doubt anywhere around me has them, so could anyone tell me where to get them online, or at least what size I need??? I've seen them on ebay for honda's and stuff, but would they fit mine??? Thanks,

DogP

·
Registered
201 Posts
DogP said:
Where do I get denso iridiums for a 94 s-10??? I doubt anywhere around me has them, so could anyone tell me where to get them online, or at least what size I need??? I've seen them on ebay for honda's and stuff, but would they fit mine??? Thanks,

DogP
Just go to my link above and it will take you to the site. It also has a listing of dealers.

Jay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone heard of Halo plugs. My brother inlaw put them in his 3.5(?) camaro today. Payed 60 bucks for um. He had +4's before the Halos. I dont know if plugs make that much of a difference,do they? How does it give more power (hotter/cooler).Anyone got a theory on this cause I would like to get an understanding on this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts