S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8 MM wires have been suggested to me, but is there any reason not to go with 8.5 MM wires??

Caleb

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have 8.5 wires in my s-10 and it didn't make a difference but I don't see why you couldn't.

Dallin

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm thinking it'll give it a little smoother idle, and MAYBE some extra quickness with the throttle response.....I doubt it, but MAYBE, just maybe, and thats all I'm looking for

Caleb

·
Registered
389 Posts
dreaming

Man your dreaming you won't even feel the difference, MSD makes a consol that you can use to change angle and degrees and stuff where you might get a difference but it cost $416.00. Even running NOS I don't feel a difference in my truck.

Dallin

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was saying MAYBE, MAYBE and thats all I'm looking for is the possibility....it should have smoothed out your idle a little bit though......I dunno......

Caleb

·
Registered
389 Posts
SummerWolf said:
I was saying MAYBE, MAYBE and thats all I'm looking for is the possibility....it should have smoothed out your idle a little bit though......I dunno......

Caleb
Yeah, I guess but I honetsly didn't notice a thing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
bigger wires wont give you more power or a smoother idle just more insulatuion around the wire it self ...the wire it self that carries the voltage from the coil is extremly small

now as for getting a smoother idle msd makes a unit that runs 320 from jegs or summit called the dis 2 works very well in fact msd now has a units for easier instalation and wiring to your coil assemblies:thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got 9mm ractive wires and I can't tell a difference....

·
Registered
893 Posts
you wont notice a difference unless you start pushin more voltage. Then you have a better spark. If you push to much on stock wires you may run into problems with resistence and heat, which is why larger wires are used. SO...if you wanna make a difference change your coils or something else that will affect the voltage. These items im not sure on, sorry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thinkin about putting new hi performance spark plugs on would that help any?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts