S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. The tube that you stick the tire iron in to winch down the spare tire is not where it's suppose to be. It's in a place where I can't line up the tire iron. So other then taking the rear bumper off and lining up the tube with the whole so I can winch the spare down, is there any other way to get the spare down. Any quick releases of any type? I have no idea how it got where it is.

Thanks

·
Early Member
3,138 Posts
I just looked at my truck. Try a 1/2" drive ratchet in the tube on the back side of the bumper.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is that going to winch down the tire? The tube is under that hole where it sits to the left of the licence plate. I would need one long extention wouldn't I? I guess I just have to remove the bumper and put it back in place. I was hoping there was a quick fix. Hopefully I won't have flat before then.

Hey, I had a black 95 X-Cab 4.3 CPI. I had no problems out of that truck at all. Nothing like it when I waxed it

·
Early Member
3,138 Posts
You shouldn't need a long extension to reach the tube. When I laid down on my back and looked under the truck, it appeared you could use a 1/2" drive rachet (square drive inside of tube) to lower the tire. But I could be wrong.
My '95 has been pretty much problem free. It has a little over 107,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try it when I get a chance, but I don't think I have enough there is enough room to get a ratchet and ext in between the bumper and where the tube is. Somehow it got pushed down in an odd place.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Why couldn't you just get underneath the truck and just turn the tube manually, or with a pair of plyers?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does then entire tube turn? Or does something inside it turn. If it is the entire tube that turns, maybe that will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts