S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 blazer 4x4 and have the damn spare tire in the cab, i want to get a external raxk but inorder to ake one off of a wrecked one i need ot get in the body cause, atleast i assume, you need more support fo the weight of the tire. I have seen some on the street that attack directly to the frame or something on the lower passenger side of the rear, not positive cause i just see them on the highway nad can't look too close. Does any body know who makes these or something else that will do the trick, i can't find any with my searches. I really don't want to fabricate on myself.

·
not-so mini
127 Posts
i see that set up mostly on jeeps. see if you can find out what companies make them for the jeeps then find out if they offer one for yours. another option would be mounting it on the roof.

our rigs have extra support where it mounts to the body on the passenger side as well as in the tailgate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
spare carrier

i bought a parts vehicle that has a aftermarket spare carrier that attaches to the rear bumper and a bolt on latch plate on the tailgate. if you need one bad, i could sell you the setup cheap if you want to pay the shipping from wisconsin.

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah fabtech has ones but they have the same problem, and jc whitney only has them for jeeps.

and Playboy,thats a little long for shipping, well on second thought how much?. and does it say any where on the company, cause i don't really expect this to cost under a few hundred new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
forty bucks. enough for a couple hours at the bar.
and i havent looked at it the closly, was planning on just shipping it with the rest of the scrap after i take everything i can use of the truck

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i want to see a picture but unless i can find one in the near future, two weeks, i think we got a deal cause right now my spare is a 30x9.5x15 and i can't get the tailgate to fully close unless the rear seat down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts