S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my xtreme used...its a 2002 ext cab with all the power options....anyways i dont have a jack or a spare tire for it and the dealer said they will get me one...i dont want them to screw me over giving me something that isnt supposed to come with my truck so what type of spare is it?...donut, another rim?? and what type of jack?

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
First off, did you check the jack compartment in the extended cab that doubles as a cup holder? Just wanted to make sure, because I was confused myself for a day or two. I just got a 2001 x-cab and the jack you get is the traditional scissor type jack. You should also get a tire iron. The spare tire is on a 16 inch rims but it is the donut type...nothin fancy. hope this helps...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know where the jacks are mounted..took the rear cupholder out of mine for the speaker box and no jack there....anyways thanks for the reply

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
Not a problem...its kinda wierd that the jack is gone though...being that it is usually hidden away back there with no need to take it out unless youre gonna use it or throw a box in the back. Who knows. Also check to see if you have a seat belt with your fold down seat in the back...mine didnt and now im waiting for the dealer to send me one. They were questioning me at first, but I was like, "what am I gonna do with an extra seat belt??" Its about $125 for a new set and thats the last thing I need to be spending money on....anyways, good luck with the truck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it pisses me off because if i wouldnt have taken that cupholder out i would have never noticed i didnt have a spare/jack or tire iron until i ended up getting a flat.. i got my seatbelt back there....kinda strange you dont got yours...and hows the weather up in prov...ima be moving back to newport in a few days....heard about the big ass snow storm

·
Got Beer?
1,599 Posts
Yea, there was a really big storm but we got a ton of rain today which washed it all out of the streets and lower the snow banks a little. The only problem now is that temperatures are gonna be below freezing this weekend so we're gonna have a lot of black ice. Drive Safe! Oh, and about my seatbelt... I still havent seen it yet. Thanks for reminding me. I have to call the dealership again and rip him yet another one. I told him to ship me one over a week ago and still no belt. It's not a big deal but I already paid for one when I bought the truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts