S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I heart Boost.
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 4x4 4.3 liter s-10 blazer without a spare tire carrier on the back. can i put a carrier on the back?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yea- I just did it like 6 months ago. The only problem is that GM somehow has 2 steel back-plates that have weld nuts on them on the INSIDE of the back corner on blazers that come with the rear mount factory. I couldn't for the life of me find a way to get those things in - and I just restored my entire truck. The only way to do it would be to cut a huge access hole, but I was afraid that would cause the truck's structure to weaken since it's the back "post". I ended up just drilling small holes and letting the bolts self-tap their way in. It's been six months, and It doesn't rattle or anything, and it looks great. The hardest part is trying to find one. It took me about a year. Whatever you do, make sure it's a GM part and not a universal tire carrier. I had a buddy who had that and when it fell off on the highway, it bounced up, smashed the rear window, then it hit 2 other cars. Expensive mistake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.