S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gas drinker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinda little mods can i do to beat a 2002 f-150 5 speed running 16.2's with a 4.2 v-6??

·
Gas drinker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to track with him saw him run 16.2's....... I have not run him yet. I just want to beat him once we do line them up..

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
uh that shouldn't be too hard....

·
Registered
110 Posts
well my friend has a 98 single cab f150 with a 4.2 5 speed. He only has exaust and its quick for being a v6 fullsize. Everytime i race him he gets up to about 60 then i come around him. You should win but for a v6 fullsize they get down.

98 4.3 5speed K&N, Taylor wires, MSD coil, flowmaster, march pullies, custom y

·
static
205 Posts
I dont think you will have any problems with that. But then again i dont have a 4x4. I have a 94 that must be one of a kind b/c I've out run 5.0 mustangs, dodge rams, and silverados.

·
Gas drinker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That blazer is Sweeet!!
well mine is 4x4 but rite now 4x4 is messed up, i do not have front axle housing in there so its a little lighter than usual, pluss no spare, and a belt to eleminate ac and power steering... me being automatic and him being stick whos got the advantage???

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
You've actually got some nice mods. No AC, power steering, flowmaster 40, no spare and your 4x4 problem. You should definitely beat that f-150. You're much much lighter and have a comparable if not better engine.

·
Gas drinker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i messed up and ran a maxima yesterday.... Bad mistake!! I jumped him out of the hole and thought i was doing good until he hit second then i was reading his tag for the rest of the race!!

·
Gas drinker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be running the f-150 next tuesday afternoon, so if there is anymore tricks or mods i can do for little$$$$ let me know

·
tastes like burning
763 Posts
dump all the weight you can. run the front tires overinflated, crank your t-bars all the way up, hell, even run some doughnut spares on the front if you are not hooking up the front end. move the battery to the back of the truck, drain out the washer fluid, dump the smog crap, take out some seats, i don't know what else for cheap unless you start ripping out carpet and door panels and stuff.

·
Gas drinker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is my every day vehicle.Removing the seats are not an option for me I will try airing the front tires up. I guess i will just race him and see what happens. Thanks anyways

·
Gas drinker
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know you guys don't wnat to hear this but, i got beat. we were gonna race at the track but we decided to go to the "racing bridge" (1/4 mile marked exact) I jumped him herd him spinning and when he cought traction he passed me around about 65mp. he only beat me by about a truck legnth. any ideas on how to gain a truck legnth in a 1/4????????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts