S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 20's today, I got a MB Motoring jump 20x8.5. All wheel configurators say they will fit my 94 sonoma and the guys call the mfg and they said yes (other than the rubbing if I drop it).

They go to install them today and the rotor is to large for the wheel to fit over for the last 1/4 inch it needs to go on. My truck has some aftermarket rotors during a brake job.

I was goiong to have it machined down but got all pissed off and figured I would waste one and jsut see if it will work , so I got the rotor off and put it on a grinder and its still not going to work. I then uses to washers on each stud to space the wheel out about 1/8 or a little more and it works fine.

My question is do you think this will be a OK long term fix or will I have a safty issue?

I am now hoping the rim and tire will tuck under the front with the added width.

Any feedback you can give would e great.

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
I know I ran into the same Probelm with my old wheels, they where made for BMW 7-series so the offset was 20mm instead of 0mm which is what you want for s-10s. SO I got 1/2" wheel adapter and put them on... The only downfall to adapters is you will have 10 lugs per side. BUt I think spacers are not safe, due to the fact you are loosing threads on you studs. where adapters you don't loose thread but you have 10 lugs per wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts