S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if u want fast stop wasting money on an s-10 unless u want to spend real money and s/c with exhaust or turbo and spend the 4 grand plus, even an s-10 with s/c and lots of goodies will not win again a mustang and forget corners. spend it on a sports car or an old vehicle and then u can really see power for money. I have a 78 k-5 blazer that will blow a stock mustang at the light and was clocked at 150 mph on straight away with a cam and carbed 350 (under 1K, and even went to 383 stroker now. now mostly hauling and off road, leave the s-10 as a great suv with good miliage and decent offraod hauling. waste the money on something that can really move.
I have 73 nova ss with 4 grand in motor and tranny upgrade that does 1/4 in 10.8 do that with an s-10? get real s-10 is not a dragster.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ok.

Let me summarize that post.

S-10's shouldn't be made to go fast.
I made a K-5 blazer go 150 mph using a cam and a carb.
I have a nova that runs 10.8.
I don't believe in using the shift buton.

Now, if you want to make a K-5 blazer go fast, whats wrong with making a S-10 go fast? Less weight, smaller, better technology, etc...
Wow, you spent 4 grand to make a muscle car go fast. Next think you know they'll put offroad tires on a truck. What a crazy world.
Lets see your nova get 18 miles per gallon. Lets see this nova be a daily driver.
People upgrade their S-10 mostly to have a streetable, low-gas-milage truck.. that still hangs with the big boys in their mustangs. If everyone just wanted to make dragsters, we'd all buy novas and gut them and trailer them to the track every weekend.
Go make fun of the ricers.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
wow it's really rare to see a fast ass nova, u can go to any track in america on any given sunday and see one run under 11 in the 1/4, but isn't it alot cooler to see a vehicle like an s10 which u dont associate with being a fast car, run a 12 or 11 secoind pass, sorry i think puttin money into a truck is better then into a nova anyday

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
PACMAN = LOL.

wouldn't the world be a boring place if everyone drove a nova/camaro/junkstang/whatever. whats wrong with being a little different. you would have to be a boob, or broke, to have a nova thats not fast, making a v8 fast is easy. but i like a challenge, and i'm not concerned about going faster than every one else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.