S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sorta a "5 year" type project but i need some advice. What im looking at doing is first off get a high quality powerful locking fiberglass cover on the back of my ride and a bed rug or equivalent. From there i want to try and cover up the gap from cab to bed all the way round giving it a smooth look.

so far= 1.)Locking Fiberglass Cover
2.)Molded cab to bed

the i, thinking of cutting the bottom of the rear cab wall (below the foamy non-carpet stuff) into the bed enabling sound to transfer all through the truck (probably have to reinforce the window) and also remove that hump in the back, then centered in the area cut out id put a ported box (bolted down) built for 2 12" kicker S12L7's powered by a different amp than my (crunch 800) probably a kicker (not sure what type).

after those steps i should be able to have a somewhat flush area with a the above box centered in the middle.

after that i want to move over to the corners by the 3rd door and behind the passanger seat and put 2 kicker 10" subs (one on each side both in ported boxes powered by a amp that is powerful enough to deliver the right amount of power probably put near the one for the 2 12"s.

from there i want to add a little style and put the amp for the 2 kicker 12" in the foamy stuff left over and put some fiberglass over it and add neon.

and in the front another set of boston acoutics and switch out the amp to 1200watt amp or less maybe 1000 watt possibly mounted in some kind of rack (not totaly sure on any amp placements) and add some tweeters for more highs up front.

i also know ill have to get a cap or 2 or however many, and another battery or so. Plus some other things that would help.

now thats the cab. for the bed i want to put in 3 of the longest bazooka tubes (bolted down) i can buy and hook up the amps and everything to them. then i want to align 10" subs all along each long side of the bed (as many as i can do with out going over board...well any more over board. then i was thinking about the possibility of making my tailgate swing down and adding some highs embedded in it so when im at shows i can just pop the cover up and drrop the tail gate (maybe not cuz it would prolly swing from vibration) and have some highs screaming there too...im want to best i can get, and after thinking about it this is what i wana work towards.. lemme know your feedback.
:thumbup: oh and i know id have to replace the glass with fiber glass or bullet proof glass.. :evilg:

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of blow thrus. couple of reasons

1] rather have compressors for bags back there =)
2] If weather is ruff in the state, the accordian connection will wear down bad and sound like hell
3] Welding that sealed shut (bed to cab) may pose some driving problems as far as normal ride suspension
4] cleaner and louder in the cab in less airspace.

If you are set on doing it... I'd take extreme care, time, and patience setting up the blow thru, because that will be life or death for the quality. Also may want to look into a gaylord x2000 platinum tonneau cover. those hinges are friggin uber connected to the truck bed rails.

And the bass canons I am not a fan of either. If you go with them, get the self amplified ones. But you could do totally better with porting bandpass holes thru the blow thru and dropping like 6 12's in the bed or something.

And spray dynomat the whole bed and cab. Trust me =)

Good luck man. my 2 cents

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that does make alot of since, what are you reffering to as "blow through" that does make my think a little of putting some subwoofers in the back of the truck in boxes maybe with some neons and stuff, ive got plenty of time to think. thanks for your input:thumbup:

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
a blow through/thru is when you cut bandpass port holes in your cab and tunnel them through an accordian type connector to the bed of the truck and mount the sub in a bandpass box in the bed. all the bass is channeled into the cab through the port holes.

they are risky and hard to get sounding right and lasting through weather conditions.

thats what i was talking about :D

as far as neoning and styling the bed.... im working on mine (almost done, gotta cut and etch glass and finish sewing the welt outlines)... i think I can put up a run for your money when its finished, muwahaha!

i can't wait to get pics posted up of it.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant wait to see it pics...might gimme some more ideas:idea: im gonna go ahead and get my interior redone in black charcoal w/ black leather seats w/ chevy logo red in head rest (got the hook up w/ friends) w/ black paint and red racing stripes :evilg:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts