S-10 Forum banner
3681 - 3700 of 3733 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts

·
112 Posts
Optima yellow top, 225 amp alternator, 1/0 big 3 wiring, Clarion head unit, RF 10 farad capacitor, RF 851x, Infinity plates in dash, RF Fanatic Q components in doors, RF 1501bd, RF power T2 12, SecondSkin sound deadener.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well here's mine pretty simple alpine all in front, head,and all 4 speakers,and this in the cab behind the seat,cant stand it over 40 its clean and no vibration.

·
Registered
299 Posts
@Boomnblzr.. Nice box! I'd love to do a project that included one of those sa8v.2's. They look like mean little monsters.
Thanks. Wished I had gotten more potential out of that sub but oh well. Blazer was sold last wknd including the sub and amp. Needed to get rid of my blazer as it was a money pit for me. Needed a motor rebuild and possibly tranny rebuild.

Now I'm on a lookout for an s10 extended cab.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Optima yellow top, 225 amp alternator, 1/0 big 3 wiring, Clarion head unit, RF 10 farad capacitor, RF 851x, Infinity plates in dash, RF Fanatic Q components in doors, RF 1501bd, RF power T2 12, SecondSkin sound deadener.

How is your box held down so it doesn't move? Nice clean install btw...I'm in the lookout for an extended cab s10.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just spent the past 3 days going through all 74 pages. I've got to say there are a lot of really great things in here and also of course a lot of what not to dos. I've been out of the audio world for a while so it was nice to brush up on some stuff. Good work guys lots of creativity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello here is my new system:

1997 S10 Single Cab

1 Alpine IVA-D106 Headunit
4 Skar VD-8 Dual 2 ohms
1 Skar SK1500.1
2 Pioneer TS-D1720c components sets
1 Pioneer TS-D6902r 6x9
1 Infinity Reference 4x6
1 Planet Audio BB1200.4 for mids and higs
1 Coustic XM3 Crossover
1 Optima yellow top under the hood
1 Kinetik HC600 in the back

Sound pretty loud and clean, i lost 2 clicks on my seat but i love it!! By the way the subs are still breaking in

Here some pics:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Seeing those 8's made me realize I never posted the install I did for the g/f. Ported f/g box (pain in the a$$ to get it all to fit), 2 sa-8s (v1's I think), saz 1000d, sax100.2 for 6.5 PG comps.

·
Is that Home Brew?!?
2,240 Posts
Don't think I posted my system in my daily HHR.

Pioneer head unit and added a voltmeter in the pocket.

Powerbass 3XL comps in the doors.

Tweeters in the A-pillars.

Built a sealed box for a RF P2 12" sub I had.

Amp board above the spare tire below the rear package tray.

Left enough wire to pull it out to access the spare.

All covered up with the box in place.

Battery connection.

MTX 2150x running the front PowerBass comps, Pioneer head powering the factory rear speakers.
MTX 275x bridged mono on the 12" RF sub.

Didn't take up much room and left access to spare tire and battery.

Cheers!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have only had my newest sub stage for a little under a month now. Consists of:

2002 chevy blazer

4- Soundqubed HDS312s, Box is 8 cubes with a single 10" aero.
1- Audioque 2200.1 (for now)
2- Kinetik HC2000 batts
2 runs of 1/0 and the big 3
Rockford Fosgate front stage
Pioneer avic-u310bt

Did a 147.6 on music with absolutely no tuning. Still need to test a couple more ports and add another 2200. I am not chasing numbers what so ever. This was intended for a daily setup lol

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Sky

Vehicle Trunk Car Auto part Automotive exterior

Display device Screen Text Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
299 Posts
Don't laugh, it's temporary.

JL Audio 8w3v2 bought for 50 bucks used. HU was also 50 bucks used. And an o/s Sony amp powering the sub around 125 watts.

Not too shabby for 100 bucks huh lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Car Vehicle audio Subwoofer Vehicle Trunk

Running two kicker comp 10's in a ported box. Subs are running at about 1.5 ohms and at around 1200 watts peak power on an audiopipe amp. Box was built by me and a buddy of mine and is tuned to around 31 Hz. Not a stupid loud system but she bumps pretty good when I want her to. Lol

3681 - 3700 of 3733 Posts