S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Got Boost?
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about my 98 stepside, im kinda tall ( 6' 3") and i have to push the seat all the way back, and its still kinda cramped. I was wondering if there was any way i could put a sub and amp, or maybe 2 small sub's.

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
you could try putting the sub and amp behind the passenger seat.

I'm not quite as tall as you are, only 5'11". I bought a q-logic box specifically for the standard cab s-10 and put it behind the drivers seat so I could keep my jack and stuff. I think I may have lost one click of seat adjustment. I made up some brackets to mount the amp above the box, behind the seat. Its not a real pretty setup, but it works and you would hardly know its there.

So I've got a 10" sub, a 300 watt amp, and a 1/2 farad capacitor all behind my driver seat.

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
I cut out a hole the shape of my box that goes through the back of the cab and the front of the bed.Then i made a box out of 18 gauge steel,primered it,slide it in and welded the front part to the cab from the inside.That just acts as a cubby hole for my speaker box.I just have one 12",so it wasn't to big a hole.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I just put the sub in the middle, the amp under the drivers seat, and the extension of the box behind the drivers seat and it seems to work out fine and didn't lose any clicks....

its an MTX box for a ford ranger, and it fits better than the one made for an S-10

Caleb

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well I'm 6'3 also, and I have a 99 std cab, Right now I have a 10" Q-Logic box behind the pas. seat, I think I lose two clicks because it's a HUGE ASS SUB (alot of travel). and the amp fits fine behind my seat w/out losing anything!

I'm planning on doing a cut out design for my truck, for like 2 10s and 2 12s or just 4 10s. Something like that. Check my Cardomain site in my sig. and goto the 2nd or 3rd page. There will be a couple of pics of what I'm talking about!

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
You could be like me and have a bench seat and be tall with the regular cab. I have your same problem, thats why I don't have a sub yet. I got great speakers to go along with my receiver, but the only sub that will fit behind my seat will be small. Nothing that can alter someone's heartbeat. Just enough bass to make music sound better. crutchfield.com has a custom box w/ an amp already built in it along with a 10" sub. Granted its 400 bucks or some shit like that, i'm sure you could find it much cheaper. the boxes even come in a color to match our interior..... i personally wouldn't have one, but if you're loaded and dont want the work, there ya go.

Brad

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I am designing a cab that will work with both seats all the way back. I already cut out the templates and it seems to work alright. It's going to have 2 6x9's and 2 12's, plus it will be slim enough so I can still put stuff back there (On top of the spkr bx).

Basically it surrounds the 'toolbox' that has the jack and tire iron in it, surrounds 3 sides of it and extends up to the seats. The subs will face the floor and the 6x9's will face the seats, as the front will be angled up. It will sit 11" from the floor, 4" of room for the subs to move air, and 6" of internal depth for the speakers, plus 1" thickness of materials. It basically encompasses the entire Xcab, but is thin enough to leave room for placing stuff back there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Consider an Infinity Basslink. It's a 10 inch sub with a built-in 200 watt amp all in one small box.

·
Got Boost?
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like an idea, whats the price range and where do they have them where i can pick one up/order it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm selling my setup here if you're interested. The seats still moved all the way back and the amp is mounted in a way so you don't need to cut the jack mount out but you do need to find a home for the jack. I had one of those big rubbermaid containers in my bed that I moved the jack to. Not sure what you're looking for but figured I'd throw it out there. :D

·
Got Boost?
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just thought i would let you guy's know, i got a 10" rockford fostgate sub and a 800 watt kenwood amp, she bumps. Only lost 1 seat click, i had to lose the jack cover, but the jack is still in place, who looks behind the seat anyway's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts