S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna get a s10 soon and was wanting to know if i could drop a system in the back and still have space for passengers to sit.ive tried looking at some systems in s10's but they all take up the back seats.HELP

·
Registered
18 Posts
put a single sub in the center in the back n ull b able to have both seats just not alot of leg room or build a custom center console with the sub facing rear and itll work out even better then just mount amp under seat or on back wall

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
since i wana have space in the back for passengers what size speakers and brand do you recommend for me to install in the back and in the doors that is inexpensive yet will sound decent.

·
Registered Pimp
2,326 Posts
Look up JL Audio Stealthbox s10

And for speakers the best way to find out what sounds the best is go to a "cartunes" or any car audio shop and they'll have a room where you can hear a bunch of different speakers, dont worry about brands. Just close your eyes and whatever sounds the best, do it. But ive got alpines from craigslist and im happy with how they sound though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
this is what i did, its a custom box with a 12" alpine type r. ive changed the amp since then but you get the idea. i love it
! someone can sit in the back on the jump seat and have a comfortable amount of leg room.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wh1teboy- did you use one of the computer program to design that box? the reas im asking is because i want to build something similar but i dont want to do the math to figure out the interior volume if the box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do u guys think one big sub like a 12 inch will give me enough bang?cuz i like my bass when im jammin and i dont wanna blow out the sub.what do u guys suggest that will last me a while and that comes at a reasonable price?

·
Wocka Wocka
366 Posts
I'm going to start building a benchseat/sub box/tool storage set up for my first gen this weekend, putting 2 12"s in so it might be a bit tall. Should have pics on Sunday.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yea i used google sketch up to design it and im sure they have some kind of area calculator. i did the math but i forgot how to do it all. one 12 should be fine, i have that type r in sealed box and it hits pretty damn hard for being under powered. plenty for an xcab

·
Registered
37 Posts
this is what i did... i just but as close to the third door as possible, lifted and put the amps on the floor underneath. my wife and kids still have room to sit in the jump seat, they just have to step over the amps.

2 boston acoustics g312s, boston acoustics gta-800m, gta-504 amps

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
if you get a really nice 10 inch sub it will sound really good and not take allot of room away you can mount it on the back wall up high to where the very top of it is covering the window by an inch or two. there would be good legroom

·
Wocka Wocka
366 Posts

Front box will have the subs, rear box will be for the amps and storage for tools, it's a bit tall for a seat but won't be too bad for short trips. I might cover it with gray tweed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here is my blow through . Its getting redone very soon due to I kinda half assed it the first time . Still turned out great .

Ignore the red circle and the mess. This is during construction . I dont have any finished pics on this computer .

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.