S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
EL COO COOI
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I are right in the middle of removing the stock springs and we have taken out the two bolts holding the A-Arm up and we tried to lower the A-arm by lowering the floor jack but the A-arm did not drop. It looks as if it is somehow holding into the pocket where the front bolt is located. How can we get the A-arm to drop and swap springs????? I can completely take out the floor jack and the A-arm will not drop enough. Should we remove the spindle, sway link or anything????? Also, what should we expect the spring to do once the A-arm is lowered enough for us to continue. THANKS EVERYONE!!!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP, WE HAVE ALL OF THE PARTS LAYING ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
Did you remember to unbolt the shock? If it is still attached it will not drop. If it is loose the spring should push the lower a-arm down (if unbolted) with no problem while letting the jack down. If you need to unblot it, be sure to put the jack back under it before you start. If not, once it is loose the spring will push out of the lower a-arm. As far as removing the spindle and sway bar link. You should remove both to get out of the way to make the install easier. These still being connected should not stop it from dropping, but they should still be moved to make clearance for the removal and install.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
i believe when i did my coil install the a arm was stuck as well. i think i just hit it with a hammer and stepped on it a few times and it came out. i left it connected to the spindle cuz its easier to fit back up that way imo. the coil may shoot out but you should be okay. good luck.

·
EL COO COOI
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again guys, we were just worried about the spring nailing us or something like that. I was a little scerd to get to far under the frame or getting to close to the spring. If there is not much to worry about then we can apply more pressure to get the A-arm to lower. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts