S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Belltech spindles and 1" coils, planning on using 4" blocks for the rear. I've read that with just 1" coils, I don't need new shocks, but will I in the rear with the 4" blocks? Also, does brand on blocks matter? Belltech doesn't make a 4" block, I know AIM does, but I've heard horror stories about them. Who makes good 4" blocks? Thanks.

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
You should be fine with your stock shocks with that kind of a drop. I have heard of guys with 5/6 drops running stock shocks with no problem. I am running a 2/3 drop on top of the ZQ8 and have had no problems with my shocks.
As far as the blocks go, AIM is a bad name, but as far as I know, Chassis Tech product is good. It just so happens that AIM sells it. Chassis tech has 4 inch angled blocks. If you need a price, let me know. Hope this helps.
:thumbup: :D

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I heard that the old AIM's block were crap...but I understood that they have been changed and made better...A friend has some new ones and I looked at them the other day...I thought they were the toughest looking blocks I have ever seen before....just FYI you might wanna consider...and check out.:rolleyes:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
remember with blocks you dont change mounting positions for shocks...i dunno what youd do with coils cuz that will change stuff

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
I've been running 4" Chassis Tech angled blocks in the back of my Blazer for over 2 years now with now problems. If you don't wanna deal with Aim, go through Autobahn wholesale...the prices are about the same, customer service is a little better (not much though), but the shipping charges are better. Or you could get a set of DJM blocks for like 25$ through summit...They're the only other company I know of that makes 4" blocks.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
remember that when u get 4" blocks, you're gonna need to also buy correction shims

1 - 6 of 6 Posts