S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this group in search of answers, Ideas and suggestions as well as hoping to contribute some of my own. I geuss that an opinion that differs from some is looked upon in a negative way in this particular forum. Some of the nicest most helpful people seem to be in here. Others....Like they say I geuss. If my opinion or request to make some of you think is going to be beaten down or offend some people than I apologize. Was just trying to make some of you guys think thats all. Isn't that whats it's about. Forget I brought it up. Keep on racing anyplace you want. I'll see some of you at the track...Thanks for the time anyway....

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
hey man its all good... everyone has a right to voice their opinion. if anything what you are saying is completely valid...there are way too many idiots driving around thinking they are on the formula 1 circuit.

don't get me wrong, there isn't much out there that i like more than goin to the races. the sh!t talking, the energy, the fact that the po-nines could show up at any second...its all about the rush. of course, dragging down the highway at 9pm flying through intersections is one of the dumbest activities a human could participate in (even for a rice boy). people just need to learn the right and safe way to do thing. i think that the drivers in a particular race are always going to be endangering their own lives, but thats just part of the risk. when you involve anyone other than those 2 drivers, thats when you're asking for a tragic headline in tomorrow's newpaper.

keep racing, but do it safe... its all about havin fun.

(just my $.02 ...which is strikingly similar to my present bank statement)
:rolleyes:

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
02 RedXBlaze!

It's not that you brought it up, it that you bring it up in a place where that kind of attitude isn't welcone. You come into a fourm that is about a particular subject and you try to co-opt it for you own purposes. The part that makes me mad is that you came in and started preaching your version of the truth. I am sure your opinion would be welcome in a fourm on the subject of street safety or one on the evils of street racing. So take your opinion there. Now if you want help with your headlights, we can have an intelligent conversation about how to hook them up.

Your view of street racing is colored by your experiences. And your co-opting of MY fourm is unappriciated, I would expect that kind of tactic from PETA and their ilk, not a fellow motor-head.

So, I think that I can speak for most people that frequent this type of fourm in saying that all people are welcome, even those that only loosely fit in, just don't turn it into your soap box. And if ya can't live with that then maybe you are in the wrong place.

I hold no grudges!

Rick
'92 S-10 Tahoe 4.3L Bone Stock

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amazing how someone can be so nice and helpful in one forum...and a totally different person in another. Your forum? Funny, didnt see the nameplate. I was making a statement in a room for the purpose of an opinion. My outlook is not jaded or colored. I was probably racing around my town when you were racing around in your pajamas. could be wrong. For someone who hates another bringing they're opinion to a forum, you also seem filled with many of your own. Thanks for the help with the headlights though. That is appreciated. Consider this a dead issue. Im putting it to bed....Goodnight everyone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts