S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
no, dash is 4x6", doors are 6.5", rear (xcab) are 4x10.

·
Registered
211 Posts
uhhh...you mean you can get a good waste of money. it's all in the name. sony car speakers SUCK...thus the name XPLOD.

·
12,507 Posts
the stuff before Xplode was good, but now its ricer-oriented shit.

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
??

Well I really wouldnt know.. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate He's right now.. SO I didnt know..

·
phins fan
259 Posts
maybe the xplod speakers suck but the h/u i just got kicks ass. its a cdx-mp70. i have had 3 other h/u's and by far the sony is the best.

·
12,507 Posts
every person i know who had a snoy HU would never spend money on them again....Alpine is the way to go for HU's, i think.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dont know?

Like I said before, I have 2 Rockford Fogate He 10' in my SS reg cab.... I was just looking to upgrade the doors and possibly dash speakers with something I could find... I guess those SOnys werent the right size.

·
12,507 Posts
the dash speakers are what i would upgrade first. the door speakers arent really in the greatest place for anything but mids. get a set of Infinity Kappa 4x6" plates, put them in the dash, and you'll love them.

·
12,507 Posts
you should already have dash speakers....ya know, under the grilles on the dash? lol j/p. you dont NEED to amp the speakers, they work fine going off the HU.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, because I was told 2 things :
1. I would have to cut bigger holes in my dash to accomadate the speakers and wires.
and
2. I would have to run an amp to power these, because I couldnt use the Amp I have now, because voices would start to come out of my 10's.

·
12,507 Posts
if you get 4x6" speakers, the only problem i can see is the heat vents being a little too big, and not letting the speakers fit flush. do a search on that topic for all the answers that got posted. but as far as enlarging the speaker openings, if you replace them with the same size (4x6"), you wont need to cut anything. as far as amping them, if you want, and if the HU you have has 2 pre-amp outputs, you can run a smaller, component amp for the front speakers, but i wouldnt worry about it. unless you're really worried about loudness and such, non-amped speakers in the dash work fine.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, Cause I really dont want to buy another amp AND speakers. I have a Punch 65 bridged right now, and I was just going to hook up the 4X6's to them, but then I was told not to, which really blows. Will the sound be any clearer than my factory speakers? They are pretty clear now, but I am looking for that crisp sound, you know?

Thanks,
Jd

·
12,507 Posts
oh hell yeah, if you put Kappa plates in, you'll wonder how you ever could stand listening to the stock speakers. i got a set of Pioneer 2-ways on sale at Wal-Mart, and they drastically increased the clarity and crispness of the music, and Infinity makes some GREAT speakers.

·
12,507 Posts
Kappa plates at Circuit City are about $100 or so, and well worth it. you could probably find them cheaper on ebay, but there's the possibility that something is wrong with them, and the lack or warranty.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts