S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I've been trying to dig through old posts, but as we all know, there are not many pictures left in the old threads...
So basically something I'm probably going to tackle since these headlight assemblies are SHOT and need replaced, I want to put the side marker light in the bottom, and jump the parking light over to the driving/fog light opening, but use the Bravada lens that is all amber across the bottom. Basically I think it looks like it should've been that way from the get-go, and the way it actually is stock makes me insane.
Also, a thin black stripe of paint to seperate them would look great, don't ya think? I put yellow dots where the bulbs will be. Figure cut them old ones up, use their mounting points, and cut out squares in the new, a little cussing, a little getting high from epoxy fumes, and voila!
it's dark, or I would've ran out front and taken a picture from the front, but this 25 second job gives you the jest of what I'm thinking here.

anyway, anyone done something like this? any tips? I don't see how it could be all that difficult. famous last words

·
time to get cereal
3,973 Posts
Bravadas have the same headlamps as a base Sonoma, only amber in the corner. I've drilled the foglamp position out on those style and put an amber bulb in, but those headlamps got destroyed and I didn't repeat that on the new ones.

Reactions: ProCycle

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I have a set of those in the watching list on ebay then, they had them listed as Sonoma, I was going to just get them for the all clear look but then thought I saw a set full amber on the bottom, got me thinking about the full size trucks of the late 90s. I'm going to grab a roll of cheap pinstripe to lay across these just to see what it looks like in person for now

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some pinstripe this is a hair too tall for that gap in the assembly, but it gives a pretty good idea. it's just enough to realize there is a gap, but not too much, I think I'll probably paint that into the replacements. I just jammed that stickering in there so it would fit, it's pretty crooked, but it serves my purpose for trial and error. so much error with me hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts