S-10 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up everyone! I’m working with a ‘93 Sonoma/S-15 basic 2.5l Iron Duke engine under the hood. All stock on the motor, interior and exterior with 75k original miles One previous owner!

Issue of concern; Throttle Body unit is filling with excessive amount of fuel. New gaskets, new unit, with same sensors on new throttle body unit... should I instead have just replaced the sensors instead of the unit itself?

Description;
Lately I have had some issues getting it to run without sputtering at low RPMs. I replaced some cracked vacuum lines, cleaned the EGR Valve, replaced idle control valve, a sensor on my air filter (was not the MAF or the throttle body sensor, I’ll update if I can remember the name but it’s on the air filter housing). Seems it could have been because various reason such as; vacuum leak, throttle body, and I believe I was told a fuel injector. This was mentioned by a mechanic of no relation to me...

I decided upon replacing the throttle body with new gaskets first, did not get new sensors or fuel injectors and instead just put them on the new throttle body unit. ... in hindsight that could be the reason why it’s giving me issues now.

After assembling all the pieces back together and finally giving it a shot to turn on, I found that the throttle body is filling up with EXCESSIVE mounts of gas. I don’t want to flood the engine. I was referred by a mechanic friend that the new throttle body could have not sat properly with the rest. I’m not certain that’s the issue as it seems when I assembled everything it was flush together. I’m curious now if I need new sensors or entirely new throttle body?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts