S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goin home for Thanksgiving. I'm following three cars and the old lady at the front pulls a quick stoppy, I'm the only one that doesn't get stopped in time. Rear-ended a Corsica at about 35 and spun her 360 into a Buick. Me and the Buick both ended up in ditches. Hit the ditch so hard I threw a tie rod. I knew Chevy's were tough, but dang! These things are built like brick outhouses.

Attachments

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
That sucks dude. Insurance gonna total it and u gonna redo it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na. Just needs a new doghouse and front end. Me and a buddy of mine could do it in a few days, but Dad wants to take it to a body shop. He's the boss, so that's what's gonna happen. Shop said about $2700 to fix it. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Dad didn't put full coverage on it, just liability.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Were you tail gating? LoL when there is an old lady in front of me I usually get alittle pissed and tail gate. ****ing old lady. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, no. I had a massive following distance, probably six seconds or better. Problem was the sun was setting behind me, so I couldn't see the brakelights. I didn't even know they were slowing down until I saw the Corsica stop, and I couldn't go from 60 to 0 in time. Truck goes into the shop Dec. 29 and should be done by that Friday. I've been stuck with a '99 Ranger for three weeks, and I hate Fords.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
atleast the ford gets u around, before i had my truck and when my oldsmobile was down i had to drive my brothers 92 ford aerostar. imagine how joyed i was.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I worked for the forestry service one summer and my crew had to ride around in a 90's Aerostar. We did some wicked offroading in that thing, if you can wrap your mind around that. I had to teach my supervisor how to do a manual brake override so we could get it out of a field one time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts