S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
formerly jasdawg1982
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll be driving down the road and all of a sudden my air will get kind of warm...then sometimes its gets cold again (if its a good day)...sometimes when i switch the setting on the air it will cool down again (like switching from high to low or low to high)...i have already put more money into this stupid thing than i wanted so if you have bad news for me..atleast make it gentle
...oh and i also put refrigerant in it and the gauge is reading in the good area...it also does all this when i am sitting at a red light too

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just dont turn it on?

·
formerly jasdawg1982
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Onelownismo said:
maybe your truck is overheating? Whenever I overheated my nissan one time the air was blowing out really hot.
everything else seems to be running normal...but i appreciate the thought...maybe that is the case and i need to take a closer look at it

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Check your alternator... I had the same problem when my alt was going out... tho I also had a very low pitched whine coming from the engine when I had the A/C on as well.

·
formerly jasdawg1982
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok....:breath:...the alternator is new, i checked the fluids before i came home today and everything is as it should be, temperature is good while driving or stopped and its just too hot to not turn on the air :)...i appreciate the input guys...im gonna take it to a shop friday and have them look at...for $26 to look at the system isnt too bad...and from what people have told me i can trust them...so i'll keep you posted...hopefully its just a short somewhere or a vacuum leak

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
sounds like it may be low on refridgerant

·
formerly jasdawg1982
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh yeah i knew i forgot something...i recharged it yesterday :)

·
Gone Fisting!
671 Posts
It might not have been done right if your did yourself it needs to be brought down to a vacum, and then introduce the R134 to the system those ones you buy over the counter ac things are crap trust i bet you have an issue with your refrigerant. It should be done right with the proper machine.

·
formerly jasdawg1982
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm...didnt think of that...im taking it to the shop friday and they are gonna check it tou for me....i figured $26 isnt too much to find out what was wrong with it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts