S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put the 97 one on my 96 s10. All the bungs were there. But the weird thing is, it bolted right up? I had to do the dent and grind thing to clear the 5speed. But I didnt have to have a peice made from the Y-pipe to the cat? I always thought you did. Oh well just thought I'd throw that out.

Oh and the slp ypipe is well worth the money, the only problem is, is it makes ur exhaust alot louder if you dont have a car and no muffler or a loud muffler!

·
ANGRY BABY!
2,379 Posts
what really has to be done to fit one on a truck with a 5 speed?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Where did u get yours from and how much?

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
How much did the y-Pipe cost you? I know that it would make your exhaust louder because the diameter is larger but do you know what size tube it is?
Thanks

·
Horsepower Fiend
151 Posts
So where they come off the manifolds they are 2 1/4 and then 2 1/2 when they merge together? Cool. Anyone know the cost?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Will it work on a 4 speed 96? Just curious, because I still can't find one for a 96. Thinkin about going to the muffler shop and seeing what they can do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone put one on a 98 4.3 auto?

I saw it on slponline.com for 199.99. im not sure if you can get it anywhere else.

·
Registered
115 Posts
How many O2 sensor bungs did it have and where were they?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I've got the 98 one. It had 3 bungs but I only had 2 o2 sensors so I just plugged one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Where did you get it and how much was it.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Its amazing how nice the SLP y-pipe is, I've had mine for years. Easy bolt on people, get them before they quit making them.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
I knew these pics would come in handy. I've put an SLP y-pipe on my truck this spring. I bought the pipe at SLP Customer Appreciation day and got some what of a discount but i believe they go for $200. I have this on my 96 and will work on a 97. I believe it will fit on newer trucks as well, but you'll have to see how your cat bolts up. This pipe is made for automatics and if you order from slp (slponline.com) they may as if you have a 5 speed in which case they won't sell it to you. so say, i have an 96-97 auto. The pipe has 3 o2 bungs in it. i'm almost sure its 2.5 inches in diameter which will match the rest of the system. for 5 speeds you have to grind off the "fins" on the bottom of the tranny. if you look at your pipe and look up at the tranny, you will see 3 that will needed to be grinded flush. you'll need to loosely mount the pipe in and then tighten. my pipe is against the tranny, as in, i can't slide a piece of paper through it. sure if you want you can dent it, but i figured i'd bottom out on a speed bump and didn't want to make any further restriction. anyway, here are 3 pics of my set up. sorry the under side of the truck is so dirty, i live on a 1/4 mile dirt road. (i'm also running a flowmaster non delta 40 series with turn down)
http://img.s10forum.com/albup45/aaw.jpg
http://img.s10forum.com/albup45/aaz.jpg
http://img.s10forum.com/albup45/aay.jpg

and if anyone can teach me how the fock to put these pics so you can see them, tell me

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sweet!!! Thankz for the pics. Oh, just one thing though- SLPonline.com doesn't sell them on their site anymore that I could see, so you probably have to go to lmperformance.com to get them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts