S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a fast honda!!!

i was on my way to work today when i noticed a honda crx with clear taillights and a fart can. we lighted together and just like i was expecting he reved his engine. so i flash the torque converter and get ready to launch. light turns green and i leave him by a car length. i didnt really look back but all the sudden he goes back by me around 70 mph. i was like wtf??? i talked to the guy and i guess his car ran a 16.8 stock and now he is running a 14.6 with a turbo. i felt pretty stupid getting beat by a honda but oh well. the guy seemed pretty cool about it and he wasnt the typical kid with a attitude type.

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
yeah i've got a buddy here in IL that runs 12's with his 89 crx. he knows what he's doing though...whew...went through like 2 engine swap and more stuff under the hood then you could shake a stick at...and he can DRIVE....well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
there is a guy that live in my area that builds all motor crx's that run high 11's low 12's, but there not riced out, true sleepers. its so sad that probobly for every 100 hondas on the road maybe 1 of them is actually nice and quick.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had to go to the track tonight to regain some of my pride. i beat up on a dakota sxt, ford focus, and a monte carlo SS.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
guy around here, 87 4 door accord. hand built homemade turbo kit, ripped the clutch apart last time he raced it (stock clutch) had to get a 4 puck in there, and i guess he's in low 12's. nothing rice about it at all, the only indication that it's quick is the intercooler you can see peering through the stock front bumper and the large exhaust that is custom made to accomodate the boost

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
never underestimate a crx... those cars are autocross kings!! i have seen those things win their class in autocross running stuck suspension. the crx was a well built, semi race purpose honda from the factory. I have owned two of them. They are EXTREMELY fun cars. I would like another one. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts