S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that drifting is all the rage now... in fact there are sanctioning bodies for competitions. So i figured i haul my little s-dime out there for the fun of it and challenge all those 240's. Whats strange is that there are fre RWD vehicles these days (barring trucks) and even less in the japanese car world, but go to a drifing event and you will find every rwd concoction that asia has to offer (Still slim). You even some some real fools going at tit with fwd, but i digress... The dime didn't do too bad being that it was a 2.2 with an open diff. I managed to get her to slide on the wet areas pretty good and the extra wheelbase of the extended cab made it fairly controllable. I only spun completely once. :nuts: It was mostly evening during the event, but i have some pics... You sould have heard the crowd go wild when i pull up (watching several dozen nissans that all look alike gets old) in my "different" car. Same went for the guy in an 80's Ram fullsize. Although is was a bit more hesitant since he was lifted and really feared rolling.

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
where are these drift courses?

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They are usually held on either a parking lot autocross style for the smaller local events or on the full size roadcorse for national events from what i've seen. The one i was at was a local event at the local motorsports complex in one of thier parking lots. The folks who put it on in this region were DGTrials. When i was in Vegas for SEMA, we went to one at Las Vegas Motorspeedway and it was similar to the one back at home, but a little larger and had some supposed "pro's" there. I don't know the scene that well to comment on that though.

http://www.dgtrials.com

I've also learned recently that NASA (not the gov't) and SCCA are or will be featuring drifting events.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Heh, looks fun. Drifting rocks. But is that a Type R badge on your front fender, lol.

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
isupike said:
What's the helmet for...LOL

Dems the rules... :shrug:

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
Drifting kicks major ass. A friend of mine just moved back from japan in which he owned a Nissan 180 sx with a trick out Sr20det.
He's been telling my about all these crazy ass stories about drifting in the mountains at like 3am in the morning. Were currently working on sr20 to 240 sx motor swap. Then we'll get started on a Sr20 to Nissan Hardbody which is gonna be my Drift machine.

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
I did the RB25DET (Skyline GTS) Conversion in my old S13 Silvia

FUN TIMES

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
Hey Cosworth
Does that truck have Steel white Wagon wheels on it...

Did u buy it from Ceader bridge auto sales...I saw it there for sale...If it is the truck...

Oh yah and my Boy rules DG trails with his Zebra 350Z...LOL His a crazy Drifter...:thumbup:

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
I use to drift my 90 300zx..those things slide like crazy but i could usually keep control..i learned how to slide in my first sdime..takin it up snowy a$$ hills and throwin it sideways and learning how to bring it back..I didn't really care to much about the poor dime..:(lol..but I learned how to drift:D

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
BlackS10SS said:
Hey Cosworth
Does that truck have Steel white Wagon wheels on it...

Did u buy it from Ceader bridge auto sales...I saw it there for sale...If it is the truck...

Oh yah and my Boy rules DG trails with his Zebra 350Z...LOL His a crazy Drifter...:thumbup:
Wow...

Yup, thats the one! Small world eh? :lol: Do you know Bob, Rich or Nino at Precision Tuning?

Jon.

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
Cosworth said:
Wow...

Yup, thats the one! Small world eh? :lol: Do you know Bob, Rich or Nino at Precision Tuning?

Jon.
Dont know those guys there...
I heard they were building a afast WRX but saw the light and bought a WS6...LOL :confused:

But yah i saw ur truck at the tardein lot ot Pinebelt on RT 88 in Lakewood then sawit for sale over there at Ceader Bridge...

Were u from BTW...

Have u ever see my buddy Driftin at E-Town...

·
Opposes body roll
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BlackS10SS said:
Dont know those guys there...
I heard they were building a afast WRX but saw the light and bought a WS6...LOL :confused:

But yah i saw ur truck at the tardein lot ot Pinebelt on RT 88 in Lakewood then sawit for sale over there at Ceader Bridge...

Were u from BTW...

Have u ever see my buddy Driftin at E-Town...

They did build a semi fast one (low 12's in the 1/4) but then parted it out. The guy then bought an auto WS6 and had it for about a month or two and traded it in for an auto C5. I live up in red bank. Yea i see that guy at DGtrials when i go... Isn't his name Chris?

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
I dont deal with the place i just roll by it and see the same cars there all the time same 5 WRX...LOL

Matt is the Zebra 350Z...The Drifter from hell...He can drift any were kids crazy...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts