S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i did my 2.8-3.4 swap, I lost the timing tab. Or maybe it was when I moved? Either way, can someone that still has the timing tab on their 2.8/3.4 tell me the distance from the 0 mark to the 10 degree mark? I assume it's around 1in.

I set TDC, marked on the timing cover with a marker, then turned the distrib to advance it about 1in forward with a timing gun. I think I've got it pretty close, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the 3.4 swap years ago. Also stated that it's lost.

I just did some math to find degrees per inch with my the diameter of my balancer.

If anyone stumbles upon this, 10 degrees is .56in.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,383 Posts
If it was an old Camaro engine they didn't have the tab.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ok so ya made me feel bad enough to go outside and measure mine. best I could get in the dark with my digital caliper was .616. but the balancers diameter should be about 6.4in. making 10 degrees .579 so I would say you are right on the money. the outside diameter is slightly different with each mfgr so direct measurement's on the one you have are probably more accurate.
sorry i was short before.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey no prob man.

And yeah, the donor motor was from a 93 pontiac. I actually remember taking off the timing tab from the 2.8 and was going to somehow tack it on to the new timing cover, but never got around to it. And that little piece of metal was surely lost over the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts