S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my reverse light switch replaced. I have a 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Xtreme Ext Cab. 4.3 V6 5 Speed. I have the Haynes manual for s10's and sonoma's but I can't find anywhere in the book on how to replace the reverse light switch. Tomorrow is going to be a nice day and it would be nice to have an answer on this topic as I have posted this before but basically everyone told me to shove it and didn't respond. I know people have done this before and I want to know where to look tomorrow before I pull on something that I shouldn't have. Someone please be nice and help a fellow mini trucker out. PLEASE.:(

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually it was on the drivers side of my tranny but we replaced it and there still not working. does anyone have any ideas on what else could be wrong. I've replaced the switch obviously, checked the fuse its good, and I replaced the bulbs when they werent working the first time. So im at a loss here. If anyone has any other ideas as to what it could be please help me out. I would like to get it fixed asap.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove around some last and noticed that started working. So I dont know if i had to break the switch in a little or what but there working now so everything is all good. Thanks anyway

·
I have a big Jimmy
181 Posts
i replaced mine and it didn't work. i wiggled the wires it would start working so i figured i had a short. the next day it started working and haven't had a problem since. that was about 6 months ago. so maybe they do need to just "break in"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts