S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
i would make the top piece and bottom piece the same size and then subtract for the wood thickness for the 4 other sides. Why is there 3" of space at the bottom?

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bck said:
i would make the top piece and bottom piece the same size and then subtract for the wood thickness for the 4 other sides. Why is there 3" of space at the bottom?
There's that step in the extended cab

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
1.2xx cubes per?
i closed claculator so i forgot the numbers.. dont forget driver displacement

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
big_taki said:
what do you mean measure twice cut once??? don't measure at all. eyeball it cut it. and if you screwed up just bust out the caulking gun with silicone and go crazy
LOL

Trees would shed tears if they knew how many of their relatives I've put to their demise from only measuring once.

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
Imperialc00 said:
LOL

Trees would shed tears if they knew how many of their relatives I've put to their demise from only measuring once.
no no no

Youre just pre cutting scrap wood

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Youve got that drawing all wrong. Obviously you dont know acceptable engineering practice because the top view is supposed to be the top one, the front view is supposed to be below that and the right side view is supposed to be to the right side of the front view. The only thing you have going for you is that the lines all line up. I cant even look at it it hurts my eyes....

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cloudguy said:
Youve got that drawing all wrong. Obviously you dont know acceptable engineering practice because the top view is supposed to be the top one, the front view is supposed to be below that and the right side view is supposed to be to the right side of the front view. The only thing you have going for you is that the lines all line up. I cant even look at it it hurts my eyes....
*smacks forehead*

Not the penmanship, the MATH! lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
i get 1.23 cu. ft of air space per chamber before driver displacement.

other than that all your numbers look good, unless I am missing something...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not to whore your thread but

how do you know how much to subtract for driver displacement (say a 12 woofer) ? I can figure out 1 cu ft of air space (sealed box) but don't know how much to subtract for the sub?

Again sorry for whorin'

·
Registered
117 Posts
OK here we go, A good rule of thumb, always take about 10% out for the woofer, its not exact but it gets you in the ball park. as for 12's what you have should work. I like my boxes for 12s alittle bigger, but between 1 and 1.5 is cool depending on the woofer. WIth the smaller box you with have less flutter in the woofer "More control" and harder to blow. Just my 0.02 cents.

Peace,

Just build it, if you dont like it blame it on some else and say your gonna do your way next time.

·
Audiomentry
597 Posts
Re: Not to whore your thread but

Rapid Ron said:
how do you know how much to subtract for driver displacement (say a 12 woofer) ? I can figure out 1 cu ft of air space (sealed box) but don't know how much to subtract for the sub?

Again sorry for whorin'
Most manufacture post specs. including driver displacement. Average 12" driver will displace from .06-.09CF.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts