S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. i bought a visonik 900 XD or for my 15 REsx, but i bought it refurbished. When i went to hook it up, i blew a fuse right away. I went home and got a 200 amp breaker and installed it. Then i turned it on and my truck filled with electrical smoke....

I dont think it was the breaker i installed, but i was wondering if there was something that i did wrong / install that could have caused this or do you think it was just the fact that the amp was refurbished? I am getting a new one sent to me... but i really dont know if its save to try it... so i need some suggestions.

Also, one of my 6.5's just stopped working, and one of the rear speakers. I checked the wiring behind the headunit but it looks good. havent checked by the speaker, but do you think it could be the headunit or just the speakers?

thx

sorry for blabbin , im pretty :cool:stoned.....

·
awd equipped
3,013 Posts
did you make sure your connections were right, and didnt mix the power and ground wires. i did this once before b/c i was in a hurry and it blew the fuses as soon as i hooked it up. i was confused at first then i realized i had the power wire connected to the amp ground and the ground wire connected to the amp 12volt. just double check everything.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
power wires were right, everything was right... it was wierd... i hope it is my amp.

Do you guys think it could be related to my headunit at all???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts