S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a 99 s10, i need to raise it so i can get around, the roads here suck...

the springs are cut in the front, and i beleive 4 inch blocks in the back...

i bought some factory coil springs at a salvage yard, i've called a few shops here, and everyone seems to tell me a different thing...

first off, when i take the block out, is a spring pad necessary? can i get by without putting one in place of the block? (i called a shop here, and some old guy said i would need something to put in place of the block?)

im not sure if the stock ubolts are on there, but i don't think they did because it used to be bagged and before they sold it they took the bags out and ghetto lowered it i assume...

and a different old guy told me that once i did raise it, it would need to be aligned, and said that it would mess up the cambers? or something to do with the wheels curving in or out or something?

could someone give me some advice
im a stupid newbie, and some quick help would be appreciated

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
on my 03 there is no spring pad for the leaves, at least i don't remember taking one off for the blocks.

i guess go get some new u bolts or use the ones from the lowering blocks if the threads are long enough

yes you will need an alignment. the control arms will be in a different position and will mess up the camber.

i don't know too much about your situation, but this might help a lil bit.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
you will need shorter U-bolts of course and no pad like all those shops you've been asking about. the axle sits right on top of the leafs so there isn't any problem there.
An alignment will be necessary, and at stock height any shop can accomplish that.
Just for your information, you're gonna want to get a spring compressor to get that coil in the pocket. it's a pain in the ass without one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts