S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to the local car shop pricin a bag setup. He recommended the 1/4 manual setup. i told him i wanted at least 3/8's so we did all the math with runnin a 3/8's manual setup. Now im not real sure what the difference in the manual and havin silinoeds? I just want to bag the front for right now but its like 900 bucks installed for the front and 1400 for the whole thing. Any recommendations???????? I wanna do this right so anything you guys have to say would be greatly appreciated.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Those prices dont sound bad but I dunno what you are getting for it. 1/4" manual?? I would go to another shop, 1/4" manual is like 10 yrs ago. If he recommends that then hes just trying to rob you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that price was for 3/8 line 3 gal tank-compressor, basically everything. he also said 150 of that was for a kit that had my springs and relocators. its goin on my 94 s-dime. i thought it was an alright price but then again i dont really know alot about bags. I bought a reds competition pump and was gonna run that but after doin research i decided to just bag it.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
IMO... he's tryin to rip ya off. You can bag the front yourself and have an awesome setup for under 700. None of that manual shit. Take a look at a thread by suicidedoors.com. He has a couple threads actually. One for a full bag kit, one for a front bag kit, and one for just valves.

Solenoids, is the correct spelling, btw :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was gonna buy the front bag kit from suicidedoors.com but when i talked to that guy about it he said that 645 wasnt a bad price but then i would have like an extra 200 bucks for the hardware that was left out?? I honestly dont know alot about bags yet but tryin to learn so when someone tells me something then i tend to believe it. And about that manual setup, you said that it sounded like a rip off???? but i figured 1400 bucks for front and back and installed didnt sound bad. Im lookin for help here so anything is appreciated.

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
SlammedDime said:
:lol:

they make .5 gallon too... dunno wtf u'd use that for.
They're used for accumulators >8)

It gives your bag a virtually larger capacity for smoother ride, mostly, if I remmeber correctly. don't remember what the other advantages are... You stick T-joints between your valves and your bags, and to each of those T-joints you attach an accumulator.

I intend to have accumulators on my setup, for what it's worth...

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
you need like 25 bucks for fittings just to bag the front of your shit. like 60 bucks for fittings for the whole truck. sounds like the guy is tryin to rip ya off.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i just ordered my front bag kit from jason. now all i need is a rear setup... any suggestions???? Where could i get a complete kit at??

·
V8 with bags
7,374 Posts
it depends what you want to do with the rear. Do you want it to be bolt on, do you want weld one, Do you want to lay out, or just get low

Jason just started making an outragously bad ass canti setup for pickups. He also has a few other rear link kits and also will build custom link bars if you give him the measurements and what not. SO tell us what you want out of the rear setup.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
bluedragonx said:
They're used for accumulators >8)

It gives your bag a virtually larger capacity for smoother ride, mostly, if I remmeber correctly. don't remember what the other advantages are... You stick T-joints between your valves and your bags, and to each of those T-joints you attach an accumulator.

I intend to have accumulators on my setup, for what it's worth...
wtf would you want to put accumulators on bags?? Normally they are used on cylinders, since cylinders can't expand like bags do. If bags are installed properly with shocks, you will have a smooth ride without the accumulators. Accumulators are also normally a 1 gallon tank, split down the middle to make two .5 gallon tanks, so each can be used for a cylinder.

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
Precisely. Well, to a point. Some specialized bags I've seen needed them. And I haven't fully finalized my air delivery yet, anywayz. It all depends on certain feedback. Anything from the extremely negative (like yours) to some positive that I've gotten elsewhere...

True, split 1 gallon tanks are used as accumulators, but it's no different from two .5 gallon tanks, as there's no airflow between sides.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i would have to say since im layin the front then i would want to go ahead and lay the rear. I want to go with a four link system on the rear but not one hundred percent sure
if we just c notched the frame would that be good enough or would u go ahead and throw in a four link

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anyone have any good recommendations for a rear bag setup. tryin findin some on the web but didnt have any luck. Anything is helpful

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
since you bought your front kit off Jason @SSD, you should talk to him about rear set-ups. He has many different options available from bolt-on to weld-on.

Basically what you will need to lay the rear on the ground is

4-link ( it can be done with a monoleaf but we wont get into that)
airbags
brackets (for bags)
bolt-in cnotch (unless you are running large wheels)
and the lines, fittings and valves

these are just the basics of course

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
oh and if anyone tries to talk you into a 1/4" manual system, like AV said, they are seriously outdated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts