1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
Looking good man...Nice work...U do any racing suspension to it yet...

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Hows the ramjet workin out for ya?

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
nice man :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
you know ur truck looks sweet, i can t wait to see ur turbo setup, is bill doing it all or are u ? and do u have any idea when the new motor + turbo will be done ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
thanx
sup liftedbronco , i just have some weeks that i got my aim account back so it is a long time man .
blacks10ss , i only have caltracs and removed front anti sway bar . That with my et streets has run 1.6x 60 feets so not bad at all .
bekker , the ramjet is working great . When i go back to aruba i'm gonna mill the top of the intake and put twin turbo V6 :) in red :) .
twin-10s , I used walbro 255 lph external fuel pump . They are good for 500 rwhp . They are cheap , i think i got it for like 150 bucks or less and they are very reliable . With the 225 shot i only saw 1 psi drop and then went back to normal . Thats amazing .
xtreme43s10 , i don't know for sure if i'm gonna let let bill make the headers for me . I would like to be with my truck and see where is the best place to mounth everything my way . And i'm starting IWE ( international welding engineer ) this jan and sheet metal cursus and some other stuffs so that won't be a problem for me making headers , i think :confused: .
I hope the motor to be ready for juli when i go back to aruba so i could work on the turbo thing . I'm gonna let my uncle asamble the motor for me again . He builded two 8s cars , two 9s car , one suposed to be an 10 sec daily driver car, one datsun pickup 4 cyl turbocharged that ran low 10s but with more then 140 mph :bugeye: . So this is an mid 9s car for sure . here is that truck http://www.joelracing.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=100 . They are making an chassis for it and gonna put an chevy pickup body on it , the small ones that comes with front wheel drive . Don't know what model they are . And here is an other http://www.joelracing.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=554 , if you look good you can see a little of my ramjet intake just where the http:// is on that pic .
c-ya

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
sorry for all the questions.
so you are just using that 255 walbro pump? not with the stock unit also?
do you know if it will work with what ever stock fuel pressure reg is in these motors allready?
thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah , i'm using that pump only . I don't like the idea of using two pumps . You won't need to change regulator for that pump . I don't think the pump is big enough to raise the fuel presure at idle cause the return is small and it can't return all the extra volume of fuel . Cause at idle it is returning an big volume of fuel back to the tank . The easiest thing to do is to put the fuel cell and put an external fuel pump with filter in front of it and use the stock filter if you want ( i don't think it is an restriction for up to 500 rwhp ) . From the fuel pump use steel braided to the stock filet and keep the rest stock .
What are your plans with your truck ?
c-ya

·
stock is the new fixed up
530 Posts
whats that intake manifold for? nitrous? is that custom made, first time ive seen something like that on a 4.3

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
U have a killer 60' foot that sick that what gets u that low 12 sec pass...Cause ur MPH is low...
What compresion u running...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blacks10 , it is this 350 intake manifold http://www.carcraft.com/carcraft/howto/p122810_image_large.jpg but i cut it and shorted it to fit my 4.3L . Its an ramjet intake manifold . It isn't as easy as it sounds .
dk_250 , i don't know why my mph was that low . I ran before that 12.65 @ 110 mph with an 1.80 60 feet i think . I had all sort of shifting problems when going to 3rd . And all run was at 950 psi . I wasn't using the heater . I think i could had run 12.20 or better with the same 150 shot . I could never make an good run with the 225 shot because of the 2nd-3rd shift cause with that shot it wouldn't shift for nothing and i had to let go the trottle and press it some times before it shift but then it backfires in the middle of the track and take off the intake tube from the TB and i even treid press the gas again after it backfired but it would spray nitrous everywhere in the engine bay cause the nozzle was on the intake tube . I think if i didn't had any trouble it could had run 11.50 with 225 shot .
I am running stock compresion ( 9.2:1 ) .
c-ya

1 - 16 of 16 Posts