S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Lowrida
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what my problem is with my lowering
heres what I have

beltec 2" drop spindles, ground force 3" drop springs (front)

Beltec 2" drop leafs, ground force 3" drop blocks (rear)

The truck is currently sitting 1" higher in the front. I have read through all the forums here and cant find any answers. I even took the springs out again on the front and made sure they were covering up 1.5 of the drain holes. I am lost any advise would be great.

Here is a pic to show you what I mean

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r203/craigchislett/?action=view&current=trouble.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
You have to look up and see if they are sitting in the upper pocket as well. I bet you they are not. When I first did mine I had the same problem and when I re-checked the springs....they were not sitting in the upper pockets correctly.

·
Lowrida
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have been looking around and was thinking about going 6" in the front and leaving the 5" in the rear to level the truck out. The way I was going to do it was just stock spindles and the 3" springs I have and use a set of 3" lower control arm drops. Anyone used them before? I would use 3" spindles but cant find a set anywhere. I know they only made them for a short time a few years back.

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
I would rather see you cut half a coil off then use drop LCA's with anything but stock components. How ever my bet is that you have v6 springs in a 4 banger. did you measure before and after your drop?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your truck looks higher then mine and I only have drop springs. The ground force springs are easy to line up just face the lettering toward the outside and it is aligned.

·
Lowrida
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i ordered the kit for the 4cyl. unless they sent me the wrong ones. I did not measure the truck before hand. I currently have those springs and the 2" beltec spindels and kyb gr2 shocks. Would it be a better idea to just cut a inch out of the ground force springs?

also I am putting in new drop shocks over the winter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is the model number on the box. I can tell which they are for.

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
i ordered the kit for the 4cyl. unless they sent me the wrong ones. I did not measure the truck before hand. I currently have those springs and the 2" beltec spindels and kyb gr2 shocks. Would it be a better idea to just cut a inch out of the ground force springs?

also I am putting in new drop shocks over the winter.
I don't recommend cutting the springs by any means, but you don't want to cut an inch of hight off the spring. A good rule of thumb is half a coil is about 1" of drop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Or you could go with a smaller block in the rear. But if the rear is the height you wanted then I guess you could cut the springs. This should be a last resort and you might consider maybe even a air shock in the rear to make it more even. I never like the idea of cutting springs. Especially the front when you have a lot of weight on them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts