S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SUICIDE: The Only Answer
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to go with a fuel cell instead of relocating the gas tank to deal with clearance issues laying frame. I would like to mount the cell in the bed instead of under since i will be putting air tanks and such there. I looked on summit for a cheap cell, the only ones i saw that dont have a sump that hangs down are the circle track cells....which would be fine if i could find one that comes with a gm sending unit. i figure a 15 gal would do....as long as its cheap.

·
The Man The Myth The Mike
308 Posts
Devious customs also makes a customs gas tank for s-10's $495 it sits in factory locatino, and is 1'' higher than frame rail... DRAG ON!!!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
why dont you just move the crossmember up??? much cheaper and works well, a full season raillin frame wit 1/4' skies welded down the rails never put a single mark on the tank....and this thing was dragged over rough roads!!
all you need is an inch and it will not go thro the floor of the bed....nor the crossmember...TONS OF ROOM!!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
I agree with moving the crossmember..also the Devious tank is a nice unit but a fuel cell only costs $180 maybe and you can get that working for cheap..not a bad option

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
i got a 12 or 15 gallon Harwood fuel cell in it...i got it from the swap meet here for 75 last year..ill sell it for 40 bucks..its got a sending unit in it already...the guy said it was a GM one but im not positive since i never checked the ohms of it

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
dimensions are 20x18x11..it looks a lil dirty cause its been sitting since spring

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
couple of questions... what type of fuel pump is needed (external?) and it is included. also any idea how old it is?

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
dont know what kind of fuel pump is needed..probably an inline one not included..no clue on the age of it..pm me if interested..dont wanna whore his thread

·
Registered
51 Posts
but with using the stock tank and raising it..u get all that fuel capacuty(i have the big tank) and you didnt waste any space you coulda used for sumtin better...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts