S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
***1987 LSX S10***
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welp i've been lurking & posting in here for awhile now so i figured its time i actually start my thread... I've been slowly gathering parts for this swap for awhile now..

Bought a 02 LS1 5.7 w/35k on it off a buddy from work

the Motor Currently has the Following so far

LS6 Intake
Professional Products 80mm TB
42# Injectors
224/230 114LSA Comp Cam
799 Heads W/ Z06 Springs
ARP Head Studs
MSD 8.5 Wires
LS7 Lifters
Double Roller Timing Chain
Mellinger Oil Pump
BRP Hot Rod LSX engine girdle for Pick up tube
Hummer H3 Oil Pan

Harness was Grafted by www.LT1350.com

4L60e Built by Hodge Transmission's
TrailBlazer Converter

BRP/Hedman 1 7/8" LT's

Car Shop Inc Solid Motor Mounts

Started with a 1998 S10 that i got from a auction in OH.

Truck was in a Flood, as u can see from door the water line was pretty high inside..lol

Gutted the Interior and washed it out..going to go with the Dark Gray from my 00 s10

Off Came the front clip...Sold the Headlights, grill & front bumper

Out Came the 2.2..Sold the tranny & the local Pizza guy traded me str8 up for the Swirls for his ZQ8's..:rotf:

Picked up a Nice Set of used GoodYear Eagle GT 245/50/16's for the ZQ8's And cleaned them up

Well i couldn't install such a pretty motor in that Rusty frame so i got another frame stripped and painted it

8.5 Rear End with 3.73's..Zq8 Leafs..LS1 Rea Disk Brakes

Motor & Tranny, Suicide Doors Raised Gas Tank & Carrier Bearing Crossmember , Plastic Gas tank w/ Walboro 255 Installed in...still gotta work on the Tranny X-member yet

Headers Going On for Mock up

·
***1987 LSX S10***
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i also got a set of Spohn Performance Tubular Front Lower Control Arms...Gonna Try To Get the Matching Uppers B4 i Install the Front Suspension

Bought a set of the European Tails of a member on here

Also have the following sitting here waiting to be installed too

98+ Blazer Front Brake Swap (IN SEARCH FOR A USED SET OF BLAZER DROP SPINDLES PM ME IF YOU HAVE A SET !)
Flaming River Push/Pull Kill Switch
Jegs Remote Battery Box Kit
Hurst Line Lock

·
Not rich, Just broke
1,457 Posts
good job man, i'm hopin to go to the junkyard this week to pick up a full front blazer setup i think they had some spare spindles i can check on the price for ya

·
Killing Time
5,864 Posts
Looks great man....That SS in the background looks nice too...Makes me jealous that I'm not as far along on mine yet..

·
***1987 LSX S10***
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good job man, i'm hopin to go to the junkyard this week to pick up a full front blazer setup i think they had some spare spindles i can check on the price for ya
ya let me know if theres any Blazer Drop Spindles there...i would rather get a used set :rotf:

·
***1987 LSX S10***
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great man....That SS in the background looks nice too...Makes me jealous that I'm not as far along on mine yet..
Thanks man, Its getting there :rotf:

Ya that TBSS is my bosses ride.. 03 TBSS 6.0 with Edelbrock Pro-Flo ET Intake, Comp Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" LT..3" y-pipe to single 4"

and YES she was smokin alittle here, this was just a safe base tune it, its all good now

·
***1987 LSX S10***
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are you going to be running a/c?
and what brakes? C5 ZO6?
No A/c for now, but i will prob eventually put it in tho when funds allow for the vette brackets & such..

LS1 Rear Disk, & prob just stick with the Stock 98+ Blazer front for now due to funds ...

When running the Blazer Spindles do c5 z06 bolt on or something ? ?

·
Killing Time
5,864 Posts
I can't remember off hand but yeah there is a way to use blazer spindles with Z06 brakes...If you have a basic machine shop you could make the caliper bracket yourself...There's plenty of guys that have done it and there's a guy over on Tech that is using CTSV brake calipers...

·
Registered
576 Posts
yeah when i called brp, i asked the guy for headers for the blazers, and he said they didnt have the longtubes available for blazers
so i got their midlengths, which i saw and was told on my thread that my teering shaft was gonna have to be modified....

·
Killing Time
5,864 Posts
I wish I had the LTs too but I don't think BRP's would work with the wheel setup I want to use...I'm still on the lookout for one of Jared's sets...That SS is nice...And your boss's LS7 Blazer....

·
***1987 LSX S10***
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah when i called brp, i asked the guy for headers for the blazers, and he said they didnt have the longtubes available for blazers
so i got their midlengths, which i saw and was told on my thread that my teering shaft was gonna have to be modified....
we used BRP LT on r LS7 Blazer...we used BRP mounts & cut the Motor mount tabs off the blazer frame

·
Registered
576 Posts
so with the mount tabs it wouldnt work??
i thought that would help with my h3 pan so it wont hang to low....
just need the weather to get better so i can do the driveway out back and get started on mine...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts