S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im getting closer to dumping my 2 walmart xplod 12's and getting 1 12 inch Solo Baric L7... The mounting depth is 6 13/16" I am going to make one large box that fills up behind my seats... I will also have to make a spot to mount both my my amps because they wont fit on the seat. Is this possible without losing alot of legroom? Any ideas on a box?

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I have seen a setup on the Regular Cab thread with a Kicker 10l7 but I need more info since I am going ported and with a 12

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
im sure u could find one..there has been a couple..go do a search or better yet go look in the attention reg cab thread, it's somewhere in here. good luck

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah like I said above I looked in the regular cab thread.... I havent found any on the net with a ported box with one solo 12.... I am kinda throwing around another idea too.... im trying to sell my Xplods and making a box that would be universal to using the 2 explod 12's and then whenever I plan on getting the solobaric, take off the front part of the board and put in another with the hole cut out for the solo... Im trying to use as much space as possible behind the seats and still fit my 2 amps.

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Hey trancer im going with a 12'' ported l7, dont have the sub yet but i think it has a 6 1/2'' -7' mounting depth..... im starting my fiberglass box. gonna be a slot ported at the top of the box, the sub is going to be in the middle of the box b/c im putting in buckets andthe sub will be mouted with the carrage outside of the box with the face facing inward...... kicker had sent my a book of most of thier speaker specs but i can find it ..... but i think it might have said 3.5^3 for the max or min space requirments for a ported box..... i hope some of any that jumble helped ... (even with the lack of pics

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
how bout something with more punch than hype? sorry, JL and RF are both overrated and too expensive for me. why not an eD or an RE driver? they're both made to be used in small enclosures.

·
12,507 Posts
im spending over $1400 on my system, and im in college. bet you can guess whats important to me...but 2 RE HC subs are a lot better deal for the money than i could find for RF, JL, anything like that.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HelloS10 said:
Hey trancer im going with a 12'' ported l7, dont have the sub yet but i think it has a 6 1/2'' -7' mounting depth..... im starting my fiberglass box. gonna be a slot ported at the top of the box, the sub is going to be in the middle of the box b/c im putting in buckets andthe sub will be mouted with the carrage outside of the box with the face facing inward...... kicker had sent my a book of most of thier speaker specs but i can find it ..... but i think it might have said 3.5^3 for the max or min space requirments for a ported box..... i hope some of any that jumble helped ... (even with the lack of pics
Hey thanks for the info... I was thinking about fiberglassing a box up to get every single inch possible out of my regular cab... I have never done it before so I dont even know what its all about... I was thinking about making my box like this to get that extra space that isnt used when making a box since there is that hump there.... Do you have a drawing or anything? Im kinda shady on what your box is going to look like. Sorry for the terrible drawing

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As for using something else... I have had my mind set on these subs for quite sometime and I feel like supporting the Local brand name... Hence Stillwater, Oklahoma... Originator 20 miles from me in Canton, Okla. Anywho they take massive amount of wattage and I have heard nothing but good things from these... That and money is an issue for me. Everyone is kinda skeptical on if this is gonna be as loud as I say it is..

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
isupike said:
I had 1 12" L7 with a Phoenix Gold ZX600ti bridged 2 ohm mono. The sub was seeing over 1200 watts and doing over 143db on the meter. L7's :rock:
What was this in? pictures?

·
Saweeeeeeet
224 Posts
Hell do a blow threw. Did it on my 97 and have two S12L7 with each running 4 cubic ft of air space. with only 1,500 watts the KX1200.1 pushing them at the time the truck hit a 153.8 db. Kicker told me to take three more KX1200.1 and run two on each sub. So waiting on the money to come in to do that. Didn't lose any leg room on that deal.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah actualy I am planning on doing a blow through... I just want to get something for now... My future plans is doing a blow through with 2 12 inch solo barics (Ill have one already) and running an MTX 81000D or 1501D... Now thats a serious amount of power... its 1500 watt rms @14.4 volts on the box... Now the birthsheet will be anywhere from 100-400 watts more! usualy around 300 more. So that will be plenty of power... The box I plan on building is going to fill up half of the bed.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah you are in Norman? I have a friend that goes to college down there... I pass through there everyonce in a while... Wouldnt mind seeing how your truck hits

·
12,507 Posts
lol...my amp is roughly 2500 watts RMS @ 14.4 volts with a 2 ohm load. THATS a bit of massive power.

·
Saweeeeeeet
224 Posts
yeah I live in good old norman. I'd love to show ya the stereo but some freaking punks broke into my truck about a year ago so they took the head unit and amp. Just traded back my subs and never got around to getting new ones. Used to work at Audio Plus in Edmond, and in Midwest city. When I get the money my old boss is going to hook me back up with my discount like i still work there. You can hit me up sometime and check out the way my box is made. Still have it in the truck and all. Just got done a few days ago and redid the whole back end so it looks like one pice instead of just a big ass hole and the bare metal and plastic thats on top of our trucks. PM me sometime I'll send ya pics

1 - 20 of 35 Posts