S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im looking to get a soft tonneau cover, i went to trick trucks around here, to look at a few i like the access roll on cover, but they want 400 and i dont quit have 400 to spend right now. i have about 250 and might be able to get some extra cash. i went to pep boys and they told me about a soft tonneau cover that lifts, for 175 dollars, sounds like a good deal, but not sure on it because i go to the transfer station with huge trashcans, so not sure how that will work, anyone have their opiniopns on a soft tonneau cover thats not to pricey? pictures of it would be awesome.

oh, i have a 2001 extended cab short bed s10, pics in sig.

thanks guys

·
Drag it like ya stole it
76 Posts
You're avatar looks exactly like my truck about 9 months ago. My dad has a soft tonneau and he loves it, I'll find out where he got it and how much when I call him later today.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
m,y truck is slowly comming along. im looking to get my rollpan soon, i got my clear corners last week. anyone else have any opinions on soft tonneau covers?

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ne more opinions. theres a soft tonneau cover at pep boys im considering, going for 175 dollars, it lifts up on hydraulic lifts. ne one have pictures of this, and when hauling trashcans to the transferstation is this easily retractable, my dad told me that i could just ride down the road with the tonneau lifted up. ne opinions.

·
Cheezeit9
364 Posts
Not sure how much the are, but look at the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit. Its not as hard as a plastic one but harder than a soft one and its retracable. heres the link...http://www.paceedwards.com/jackrabbit.asp

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
Personally I hate soft tonneaus. I have one on my Sonoma now. It was originally on my S10 when I bought it but it got totalled. It's a pain in the butt. It's not a lift up style. It doesn't really roll up either as it has the snapless fittings that go into the rails. It's only on my truck till I can find a good deal on a fiberglass one or a nice topper.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
id love a hard tonneau but dont have that much to spend, im looking at the checkmate soft tonneau
http://www.checkerpro.com/fxsoft_tonneau.html
i dig it. gotta check into how it mounts and what not ne one have their opinions on it ne pictures of it, sais its easily retractable, all pictures of this on others trucks would be greatly appreaciated

·
rox
9,360 Posts
mister880 said:
id love a hard tonneau but dont have that much to spend, im looking at the checkmate soft tonneau
http://www.checkerpro.com/fxsoft_tonneau.html
i dig it. gotta check into how it mounts and what not ne one have their opinions on it ne pictures of it, sais its easily retractable, all pictures of this on others trucks would be greatly appreaciated
thats the one I have, I found some pics of 2 years ago before I had any mods done

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
get n more pics of the tonneau nox?

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dasmn brother. go dress up like a eskimo. sike im kidding.where do u live at ne way

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, parents want me to get a hard tonneau, so i guess i mite as well look into them. the checkmate hard tonneau, any opinions, and how easy is it to take off, and approximately how long and how many ppl it would take

·
work in progress
2,628 Posts
There is a group buy going on for these right now on the forum. Ive heard good and bad, but i say you cant go wrong for the price. It would prob take 2-3 people about 1 hour to install one, probably even less.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i saw the group buy just want to kno how easy it is to take off if ur hauling trashcans and stuff

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm gopnna talk to my dad bout it tomorow and see what tonneayu i can buy, its my money but hes wants to kno what i spend it on and what not i guess.

·
all show and no go
164 Posts
Hey I just put on that cover a week ago thats in the pics and we had a windy day and its now scrap aluminum. the damn thing came of and killed my piant job. It would not be my first chice. waste of money in my opinion. just my .02

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
If you will use your bed alot, get the best of both worlds. I had a Extang Full Tilt snapless. It was really good looking & was by far the best build quality I have seen on any soft. It had really nice lock downs. You could unsnap the shocks real quick, tilt it up a bit & pull the whole cover off by yourself easily. Or you could pull the spring loaded bows out & roll it up. If I took the front wheel off my mountain bike, it fit under there perfectly with it down. A very nice piece I gave up to "isupike" to get the ZQ8 wheels back. I got it from truckxpressions.com for about $339 delivered to your door. You can actually talk them down about $10 or so too. They have awsome customer service too!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts