S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
crazy gearhead like woaaa
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:troutslap <--- this trout was seen swimming in my truck! no seriously. i had posted my question in another forum, but i have a 93 s-10 ext. cab. for bout a year and a half its been a bit leaky, didnt think to much of it and thought amybe a windshield seal? well it has been sitting bout 9 month or so and i am gettin back to fixin her up and i had a fair amount of the H2O on the driver floor. i washed the engine bay and then looked inside and saw the water run onto the carpet. i had thought maybe the foam seals round the hood hinges? or the windshield seal but water is leakin somewhere inside the lower cowl section/firewall area. i finally took out the carpet today, and it had to weigh bout 100 pounds no joke, i threw it on the ground and all day it just leached water. mildew nasty wet piece. anyone have this problem before and have an answer? if it was the winshield seal it wouldnt have leaked when i sprayed it down low. by the way been registered on here a bit and never really posted so you will see me on here more often and hope to talk to some of yah often.

caotic

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
take off your trim panels by your feet (by the e-brake) and you will see a piece of black plastic covering a hole, it's glued on. The water enters through the wiper cowl and goes down the sides and runs out at the rockers. Or in your case, through the hole and into the puddle under your floormats. I'm going to cover the holes with metal and seal the entire cab since I bodydropped it and in the process of tubbing for twankies.
later

·
Dragging Oil Pan!
2,723 Posts
I had a problem with water coming in through the grommet that holds the Ebrake cable in...

Once i filled it with silicone, the only water that enters my trucks is from my doors when it rains or if i have a bottle of water and spill it or something.... I keep my truck looking as clean as possible

·
9~Deuce
989 Posts
Yeah about the leak just locate it and bust out the silicone just like these guys are saying.

About that carpet... if you don't have an industrial carpet cleaner then take it to the dollar car wash and soap it up and super pressure wash it. Then let it dry out and then hand-wash it at home by wetting it down and soaking and scrubbing it in laundry detergent then rinse and dry.

Or you can replace it with molded rubber flooring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts