S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like the title says, i am just curious as to how many of us compete. Whether it be SPL, SQ, Port Wars. And what have you placed, and of course which class?

i personally am running in the 0-300 Modified class. my first comp with THIS truck will be on the 29th.

·
FI Car Audio FTW!!!
1,615 Posts
I'm just too much of a cheep ass to do the actual competing. Also my system is set up for LOW bass. Most successful spl competitors fart at high notes, as it is easier to get a louder burp at higher frequencies. For the hell of it I would like to build an spl box just to see what I can do.

My avatar shows the highest I've done to date. Mic was a termlab with it in the headrest position (as in MECA Reality) while playing a 30hz tone :D

Also the equipment is a Hifonics Brutus BX1500D on a 60 amp AGU fuse powering a 2003 RE HC 15 in 4 cubes tuned to 30hz with just under 50" port area. Box is a little over the back windowline.

For everyone who posts here it would be nice to share your setup. So far the posts are rational. However sometimes we get some guys saying they are hitting 45s with two Sony 10s in a prefab sealed box :eek:

Tempe

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm still tweakin the system and learning the ins and outs of it all... Thinking of going full compo next season... I run it that same class... What's your setup?

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a FULL cuthrough with 2 RE MT 12s quad 1.4 coils, being pushed by a modified AmericanBass SFL amp(its rated at 300Watts RMS, haha). i am still doing the wiring and whatnot to get it all tied up. i know the amp doesnt seem nearly enough, but this same amp with 2 MT 12s in a blazer hit a 149.6db. i just got the box built today. the comp isnt until the 29th.

soon as i get her all installed and purty ill post some pics, along with my termlab results.

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw the box is tuned to 50hz, as are almost all of our spl comp boxes. seems to be the sweet spot in most apps with the MTs. Even with the MX!

i am just finished building a box for an excursion for 3 XXX 15s. with 3 incriminator amps, approx 2000Watts per sub. i am going to post the termlab for it as well. still need to finish the wiring.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Im hitting 145 with two Sony 10's. But that's legit, Im using a sealed pre-fab box, so you know its all good.

I don't actually compete, just decided to post this... to fit in. Well, and to possibly annoy Tempe a little.

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honestly? 145 with Sony????? ROFLMAO

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
No, not honestly.

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh ok, sorry that went over my head. lol

·
Registered
606 Posts
me, i usually hit every slapshow in the area, this year im doing db drag, bass race 150 + class and smax 3-4.......................tempe man up nate has mini street classes for wuss's like you =p

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Ok, I forgot to post what i'm running :D . 2 RL-p 15"s, pushed by a power acoustik A2400DB AMP (1800w rms @ 1ohm), in a box that is ported @ 32hz, with 2.5cu per sub (seperate chambers). I'm putting up a 146.6 on a TL mic on the dash, and a 154.7 in port wars. My truck is still completly stock as far as wiring goes (stock batt, alt, wiring) . :cool: Anyone got pix of what their running??

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
InfiniteS10 said:
oh ok, sorry that went over my head. lol
No problemo dude, sometimes my humor is quite odd. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yah I hit 146.5 on the kickpanel that was with one 12'' sub and 1100 watts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Punk0Rama said:
waiting on those maelstrom's....

but i will have a front stage that will be almost as loud.
wft are thoes?

·
MT's 4 Life
31 Posts
Adire Audio

im running an RE MT18 now with 4600rms, but for daily i only run 2500to 3k on it

in a week or 2 im going to 2 15s with a A3000 on each one and put it in a 8cu ft [email protected]

i just aim to be crazy loud for daily

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
let me guess 12 RE 8s with an 1501d MTX amp? lol

1 - 20 of 82 Posts