S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What year is your truck? and do you have any bolt ons?
1995 frame with a jasper remanufactured transmission and 1996 pcm with wiring and 2002 body but with 1995 intiror. It's got headers, cold air intake,full custom exhaust black pacer rims "2.5 rough country lift kit. And drilled slotted vented rotors

2002 chevy S10 ZR2 with bolt ons

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Lol! I tell people all the time. “My truck is made of steel with a steel bumper in front of two solid steel frame rails that look like oversized versions of the things the police knock doors in with. I don’t need crumple zones,my crumple zone is your car!”:haha:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lol! I tell people all the time. “My truck is made of steel with a steel bumper in front of two solid steel frame rails that look like oversized versions of the things the police knock doors in with. I don’t need crumple zones,my crumple zone is your car!”:haha:
Yeah I'm happy with it lol if it was an aluminum F150 it would look like that car lol

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
We had a Tourist’s 2 year old F150 at my shop in for an alignment after he hit a curb. The frame cracked up by the strut. Dude had tears in his eyes...on the other hand there was a local Destin guy in a brand new ZR1 that left the gulf coarse drunk,and ran over a curb,..bent a hub in the rear,blew out 2 tires,bent all 4 rims,and cracked the ear off of the cradle the cam for the lower a arm sits in. He lol’d when we showed him..went to the local dealership,bought a new one,showed up in it to pay the inspection bill,left,and had the dealership pick up his old one...some people can afford to own flimsy vehicles:haha: unfortunately I’d be the guy crying.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We had a Tourist’s 2 year old F150 at my shop in for an alignment after he hit a curb. The frame cracked up by the strut. Dude had tears in his eyes...on the other hand there was a local Destin guy in a brand new ZR1 that left the gulf coarse drunk,and ran over a curb,..bent a hub in the rear,blew out 2 tires,bent all 4 rims,and cracked the ear off of the cradle the cam for the lower a arm sits in. He lol’d when we showed him..went to the local dealership,bought a new one,showed up in it to pay the inspection bill,left,and had the dealership pick up his old one...some people can afford to own flimsy vehicles:haha: unfortunately I’d be the guy crying.
Damn that would suck and Yeah those F150s are flemsey. I was on the highway passing one. and i could see the bed shaking from how light it is. and the highway was smooth as can be lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Years ago, I had a similar encounter with a lady's 98 Camry. Stuff like that just happens sometimes. In my case, I was late for work and wasn't paying attention to the flow of traffic. It wasn't all bad, though. That accident was the beginning of my journey from being a guy who takes his truck to a mechanic, to a guy who crawls scrapyards and fixes my own problems. I consider myself to be better off because of it.

Here's an Imgur album of my old truck's transformation. I ended up painting the whole thing myself, but in that album I only got the front clip done.

·
Administrator
22,394 Posts
Years ago, I had a similar encounter with a lady's 98 Camry. Stuff like that just happens sometimes.
Sorry...gotta disagree....it doesn't just happen. You said so yourself...you weren't paying attention. You were lucky...it wasn't someone crossing the street.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry...gotta disagree....it doesn't just happen. You said so yourself...you weren't paying attention. You were lucky...it wasn't someone crossing the street.
Not a lot of foot traffic on that part of the highway. Anyway, I contend it wasn't really my fault since it was a "keep moving" turn lane and she didn't keep moving. I don't even remember looking away for that split second, but I did, and it was at just the wrong time. I've driven cars since 1996, and the only time I've caused a wreck was that day. And the day my truck slid off the interstate, but that was due to an improperly surfaced road.

Nobody is perfect, and no amount of caution can help in certain situations. Years ago, my buddy hit a kid. He was driving a 1994 model Blazer (white 4dr) at the time, so I suppose this story is on topic for these forums. Anyway, my buddy was sober as a judge and driving the speed limit, past one of the city's many housing projects. A group of urban youths were tussling on the corner and one of them mistakenly flung his friend in front of my buddy's truck. There was no way to stop, apparently. My friend hit the kid, who ended up being put in a coma temporarily. I assume he pulled through, but we never actually heard anything about it again. Anyway, every time I drive past kids it gives me a chill. Little bastards can dart right in front of you.

·
Administrator
22,394 Posts
Well...due to my driving record, and profession, there are very few non-preventable accidents. If people pay attention and are practicing defensive driving techniques, the chances of having an accident are slim to none.

Just to clarify my opening statement, I've been a courier for FedEx Express since 1984...all of it accident free. Since hanging up my courier hat, I've been thru the Smith System program and am certified to teach defensive driving for FedEx Express, so I speak with some expertise....no brag...just fact. (Walter Brennen The Sons of Will Sonnett)...probably before your time...lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well I had full coverage on it. But my insurance coverage got dropped. But the lady said she had full coverage.i was already paying $220 for full coverage thats covering customizations and everything. But now that i have a accident on my record and two tickets its gonna kill me when I reinstate it

21 - 40 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.