S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I would be ridding myself of an O2 sensor code, ended up getting rid of my continuosly on Parking Brake light and not the code. I just resurected my 1989 S-10 by installing a rebuilt trans, the truck has been sitting for nearly 5 years. After fixing all the Pack Rat chewed wires I had, and a whole bunch of other issues that I had forgotten about in the last few years. I got the truck running and back on the road. I installed a new O2 sensor during all of the repairs. I got the code 13/SES light on first test run after about 5 miles of driving and pretty much what it does every time I drive it. Yesterday I broke out the VOM and checked continuity to ground, no ground. So I ran a wire from ground and attached it to the body of the O2 sensor via hose clamp since its only a 1 wire O2 sensor. I have continuity to ground now, thinking that would fix my code 13 in fact didn't but it made the Parking Brake go out. Any explanation for this would greatly appretiated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so the grounding wire didn't end up doing anything. Park brake light is back. Guess its time to buy a 3 wire O2 sensor so I can get rid of the Code 13. Thanks for at least posting 1gmc, thats better than nothing.

·
Early Member
3,176 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery to clear the code?

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
sounds to me you have a broken ground wires.

check all ground wires for being clean and corosion free. see what that does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So cleaned all grounds that I could find, reset the ecm and the code comes back up. Broke out vom and I'm getting 1.5v off the purple o2 sensor wire from the ecm. I don't think I should be getting any volts off this wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts