S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
u'r probably thinking camaro or something, but it was an s-10 ss. but still, i know they run 16.1's, and i'm proud of my truck. i gotta 2001 blazer, with intake, stright pipe cat-back :rolleyes: (just till the gibson comes in) and i stunned this guy pretty good. he got me off the line (daamn posi) but i was catchin him slowly, n i passed him around 55-60, and we got to about 80 n his front bumper was at my back, and he let off. :evilg: keeping that in mind, i've confirmed that my intake did make a difference. (that and my spare tire/roofrack weight reduction. but i was a lil excited about that, so i figured i'd post it.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Yeah for real, I thought I was going to get to be first to raise the BS flag. :D

Good kill, though! :)

BTW, what makes an S-10 "SS" an "SS"? I've actually never seen one and I'm curious as to the difference.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha, i figured i'd get some attention with that.
now that i think about it, a few months ago i did kill a big loud camaro lookin thing from the 70's, it had home made (euro clears??) ha, it was funny as hell, i think it was a 305, but i beat that. but i just never really chalked it up as an accomplishment lol.
my boy had a s-10 ss, it just has 10 extra hp, manual everything, standard cab, n posi. so its like the fastest lightest possible model, and the posi helps alot. its about .6 sec faster then a regular extend cab s-10. nothing special really. justa big scary badge lol.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lets see, stock automatic pickups that can beat a camaro ss........
well, theres the lightning, syclone...... and um.......
i'm trying to think of some other car that has a chance of beating a 13.6 camaro, since even those 2 run high 13s, and would need to get the jump, unless the camaro was an automatic, or maybe a convertable.... or a shhitty driver. otherwise were gonna have to give you the ole "BS Flag"

B

·
0 Posts
i didnt say a basic stock auto pickup. my father has a 2001 ford svt lightning. we went to the track 2 months ago and there was 4 lightnings and about 15 35th aniversay camaro's. the one he raced ran a 13.8 and my father ran a 13.8 but my father got a better reaction time then he did so he got the win slip. the camaro also had slicks on the back along with some "free mods". i didnt see a single stock 35th aniversay camaro run better than a 13.8, but they were heading into a 20mph wind.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
billybadass said:
the one he raced ran a 13.8 and my father ran a 13.8 but my father got a better reaction time then he did so he got the win slip. the camaro also had slicks on the back along with some "free mods".
sh*tty camaro driver :)

But for real, those lightnings are faster than dog balls for being that big! Isn't it funny how ford has a full-size truck as their fastest vehicle? :D

B

·
0 Posts
not for long the new svt mustang is gonna be a 4.6 supercharged and is supposed to be good for low 13's to upper 12's

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Yeah, I know 390hp...funny how Ford does that once GM stops making F-bodies. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm all about the gt-40, they already started production on them, and they're gonna make 100 next year, awwww ya, waddup 11.8 passes.
o ya, and speaking of big things that move..... in the same moter trend that that 390hp mustang is in, they have the twin turbo trailblazer. just think about a FULL SIZE SUV that runs 13s!!!!!!!
ha, espically since its a dammn 4.2L 6 cylinder.
fords lightning throws down 385 hp with a supercharged/intercooled 5.4 v8, and chevys turbo 4.2L I6 throws down 4hundo!!!! hell ya boooyyyyeeee!!!!!
they use 2 areochargers too(extremly fast spooling road racing turbo) with pretty much no lag.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAHAHA, DAAMN YOU CRAZY AZZHOLES AND U'R ENGINE SWAPS!!!!!!!!
lol

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Now if we all could come up with the 100+Grand the gt-40 is going to run IF it goes into production. Only 2 prototypes running right now.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the gt-40 started production last wednsday. there making 100 for next year

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i heard they were gonna be 75 G's to compete with the viper
(even though it kills the viper)

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Lets see....75Grand. Not that anybody here probably has it laying around....LOL

75K for GT-40 (Highly unlikely it will come in at that due to extremely low volume and limited production) gets me..One very rare very fast car that I probably wouldnt want to drive every day. Would be afraid to park in my own driveway lol and would probably cost in the neighborhood of about 5-7K a year to insure.

50K for ZO-6 Vette. Would probably take in the neighborhood of 5-10 K to be comparable to the GT-40. Average male 40 Yrs old. 3500 a year to insure. Extremely driveable everyday. Amazing mileage for its potential and above average collectible value. Take 15K left over and let it make me about 2 grand a year that I can use for whatever I want....

BESIDES.........ITS A FORD!!!!!!.....LOL

Have to give them credit for keeping the heritage alive though...Saw a real MkII this past summer at lime rock and that thing is art and sound on 4 wheels..Would make any ford cobra run from the sound of it...:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm....

I usually don't reply to these posts, but I gotta call foul on the production of the gt-40. They haven't started building them! They can't even get the running prototypes to work right!! My friend Terry is a mechanic at Ford motorsports/racing in Mt. Clemens, and my friend Phil works at Roush racing near Dearborn. The prototypes they have don't even come close to working correctly yet, and it was all they could do to drive the prototype into the Detroit auto show in January. It spits and sputters, and has some serious transmission flaws right now. You guys need to quit believing in Manufacturers-Especially Ford and GM-in ever making any vehicle that controversial. The T-bird is all that ford could muster up-then again why not, it's just a lincoln LS, an existing platform. I am not a brand hater, but Chrysler is about the only company to have any sack when it comes to building-and really manufacturing-crazy sh-t! Maybe now that Bob Lutz is at GM, the general might grow a sack, highly doubtful though!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts