S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to find a pair of smoke taillenses for my 96 sonoma, not the euro or altezza..the old smoke without the reflectors...any ideas

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
keep an eye on eBay....there is usually a set or two for sell....i just looked for ya but this was the first time i've never seen a set on there....good luck man:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I just bought some tail light tint and I'm gonna try that. I've seen some pics of it and it looks pretty good. You might wanna try that.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pewter01 said:
I just bought some tail light tint and I'm gonna try that. I've seen some pics of it and it looks pretty good. You might wanna try that.
hey post some pics if you can

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
there's a some guy rollin around here in a '95 impala ss... the ride is incredibly sick but whatever... he's got these tailights that are red, like stock, but are smoked pretty dark...is there a company that makes something like this for the s10???

im not sure if its a custom thing that he did or if he bought them like that... the smoked clears are just too damn illegal and i hate those gay tailight covers...

anyone know??

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Tint Spray

I just got a can of tail light tint for my truck and sprayed them down. First take the lights out of the truck then take them in and clean them all up and dry them completely then stand back and spray. the stuff smells like **** so i suggest doing it outside but it looks fat. you may want to put just a single layer at a time and then put them back on to see how they look.

I'll try to post some pics soon if only i could spend my money on film instead of on that damn truck.

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
if only i could spend my money on film instead of on that damn truck.
lol...

so you spray the outside of the tail lense??? sounds kinda ricey :eek:

hey, whil ewe're talking about tail lights, anyone know what the hell happened with autosyndicate?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
305s10 said:

lol...

so you spray the outside of the tail lense??? sounds kinda ricey :eek:

hey, whil ewe're talking about tail lights, anyone know what the hell happened with autosyndicate?
Why does that sound ricey? I think it looks a lot less ricey than Altezza's (no offense to anyone who has them).

·
Registered
473 Posts
spray tinted light Pic

Hey guys here is a shot of the spay tinted lights.

Attachments

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
nice

ok maybe its not that ricey... just sounded like somethin a ricer would do (rather than buy nice tails, go out and spray them with some random ****) but it looks pretty straight...almost looks like blackouts...is there a lighter tint so it just looks like a really shaded red?

i think im just gonna leave my sh!t stock red tho...seems like the different path bc everybody and their mother has 'tezzas.

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Re: nice

305s10 said:
ok maybe its not that ricey... just sounded like somethin a ricer would do (rather than buy nice tails, go out and spray them with some random ****) but it looks pretty straight...almost looks like blackouts...is there a lighter tint so it just looks like a really shaded red?

i think im just gonna leave my sh!t stock red tho...seems like the different path bc everybody and their mother has 'tezzas.
All you do is just put on one layer of spray after another until you get the look you want. The first layer does virtually nothing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
autosyndicate, you have a better chance of finding the pot at the end of the rainbow.....website dead for month's...phone # dead for month's:bash:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Re: nice

305s10 said:
seems like the different path bc everybody and their mother has 'tezzas.
That is exactly why I'm not getting them. The stuff I bought is made by VHT and they call it Nightshades. You can spray it on as light as you want.

·
99 s10 4.3 for sale
58 Posts
do they have a website or something? i may be interested in the idea that i can control how dark they are. how much is the stuff anyways?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
305s10 said:
do they have a website or something? i may be interested in the idea that i can control how dark they are. how much is the stuff anyways?
www.modernperformance.com is where I got mine. It's called VHT Nightshades

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
what if you were to buy straight clear lenses and and then spray a lil bit of tint on them to make them look like the old smoke ones...i really like the smoke ones btw

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
low_huh? said:
what if you were to buy straight clear lenses and and then spray a lil bit of tint on them to make them look like the old smoke ones...i really like the smoke ones btw
i dont see why it wouldnt work:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts