S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everybody? I just sub'd to this list, I've found lots of interesting information.
Anyway, I didnt find anything pertaining to this so I thought I'd check with you guys.
My truck is a 94 std cab-5 speed, all stock except it has a K&N, 2 chamber Flowmaster, and some wider and lower tires (225/60x15 Goodyears) The truck runs fine but when I turn it off I get a wicked gas smell?? I happens EVERY time I turn it off, it doesnt smell while driving and I've checked for leaks from the tank to just forward of the filter and found nothing. I changed the fuel filter thinking that it might be that but the smell is still there. Any ideas? Maybe injectors? I didnt know if this was a known problem with s-10 owners or not so I thought I'd check.

Thanks!!
Alex
94 S-10
95 Harley XLH
96 Ford Cobra ( now this one is FAST:thumbup: )

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
you might want to check your charchole cainister, its located under the bed of the truck, and its part of the fuel system... check it to see.....good luck

peace, steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have said this in my earlier post but the smell is strongest IN the cab of the truck. It's smells when I get back in from it after a short period of time and start it (bout the time it takes to grab a 12er at Circle K) Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look at the canister.

Alex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, LOL:drinkhaha

I'm just living with it. I'll try the charcoal canister when I get off my lazy azz. I'll post when I find out what it is. Please do the same, if you track it down.

thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So is my ol lady, but she dont like it! She'd rather break out Billy Bong Thorton :evilg:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think I got it

I had to take my truck to the shop and my mechanic is a good honest guy, been a friend of the family since before I was born, he looked and one of my injectors was leaking pretty bad. He also said changing all of them would be a good idea cause if you change 1 in a month another one will need to be changed and then you have to pay to have the intake torn back apart and that much more labor. Anyway hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same here I took it in last night and I had two injectors leaking! The smell got REAL BAD. gonn cost me at least $350 to R&R the injectors, I'm only replacing 2 of them cus That's all I can afford :mad:

How much did you pay?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey this is my offical first post but I thought Id add something. I have the same problem with the gas smell in the cab, as well as under the hood. After driving home from work I can open up my hood and actually hear the gas dripping and sizzling onto the engine. Ive narrowed it down the smell and the sound to being located where the air intake manifold meets the throtle body (correct terms I hope). Could my problem also be the fuel injectors? Am I gona blow up? Help while Im still alive!!

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,793 Posts
Are you guys kidding? Reviving a 18 year old post?? Don't do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.